When have you noticed your age?

Tell me about it Rox… :009:
While laid in bed I believe that today I will be able to run all of my 3 mile walk…As I stagger down the street with aching knees I realise that today won’t be that day…
:running_man:
:man_walking:
:sleeping_bed:

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I am these days Rox. All sorts of plans for the day when lying in bed. Then I get up and start thinking how much I can delegate to my husband.

1 Like

That’s the problem with still being 20 something in your head, mirrors are always a shock.

4 Likes

I nearly jump out of my skin sometimes :joy:

1 Like

The main time I notice my age is when I sit/kneel on the floor & can’t get up again!

3 Likes

Same here.
I still work in heavy industry and constantly need to get down on my knees to label the job lots I have cut. Someone observing me getting back up might deduce I am near to the end of life. :grinning:

2 Likes

I have mostly ignored thinking about my age. It doesn’t change, but there are days when I surprise myself. Some days I do well, look passable if I don’t look too closely, then boom! Those aches come back to tease me. :wink:

3 Likes

Sounds like a complement Annie. I wish they would ask me that. :blush:

2 Likes

I noticed I have age when I can’t do what I use to. For example, I tired out easy, I have aches and pains…and I feel like I am on a million medications. LOL. I use to look down on older people when I saw all the meds they had to take.

3 Likes

The upside for me in last couple of years when out shopping and a few empathetic caring people ( yes a few DO still exist ) have offered me mostly physical help despite the fact many mid aged people are so far up their own **** that they make it obvious people like myself are just an impediment to their “trajectory” & they have zero concience when physically banging into me despite obvious physical fragility.
For those who have offered assistance, I have offered then as now my heartfelt appreciation & thanks. Some have offered way beyond just basic help - too much to detail here but well beyond just a moments brief assistance if I needed it. So refreshing in todays’ sad world.

4 Likes

I have to wear bottoms now instead of shorts when I’m out jogging because I feel the cold more.
And that’s something else…I used to go out ‘Running’ now I go out 'Jogging ’ Strange how my appetite has remained the same and my pecs seem to be turning into breasts…I’d make a good drag queen if I was that way inclined… :009:

6 Likes

I think it best to put this is health - more relevant.

When trying to put on my underpants or trousers. I try not to hang on to anything, but if I don’t, then one hits the floor quite quickly! :unamused:

2 Likes

Yes ive noticed my body and mind are aging faster . Not so long ago i went out at night to watch my favorite live band in the pubs in town . I drive up to the shops instead of walking those extra miles . Getting up off the floor and those silly squeeky sounds i make pulling myself up on the furniture . Getting out of the bath is highly dangerous and i take my mobile phone with me in case i slip. I dont feel this is my world any more because i dont understand it or the humans that live on it . :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

You can say that again Susan. All the adverts on telly are aimed at the younger generation and people who want their car to look and drive like the starship enterprise. I don’t know what half the stuff does on my motor, all I know is that it takes your concentration off the road, and it’s not there just to make it go. Adverts on daytime telly are aimed at us oldies, with stuff about funerals and cremation, or taking out life insurance policies on our meagre pensions. But that bloke cuts a mean cheese and tomato sandwich…

5 Likes

When my dark brown hair started to turn grey in my forties, I really didn’t like how it looked against my complexion or my eyes so I began getting it colored to match my natural hair color. I feel way too young to be having grey hair already lol :smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Samantha.
I remember looking in the mirror one morning, there was a small patch of grey hair that seemed to be flashing at - Look at me - look at me. :grinning:
That would have been 35 years ago. Here I am, all those years later with salt and pepper hair.
Still more natural hair colour that grey.
I can not remember my father with anything other than grey, actually white, hair.
He had black hair in his wedding photos but to me he was always white haired.

1 Like

Thank you for welcoming me here, Bretrick! :wave: I would have probably allowed my grey to grow out naturally if it had a nice salt and pepper type of appearance like yours. But instead, it just has like this very unappealing all around whitish-grey look, and I do not like it! I like the way my long hair looks when it is colored with dark brown, which is what my natural hair color is. My hair is (and still looks) very healthy and shiny because I have a healthy diet and I also deep condition my hair weekly and do keratin treatments once a year. I’ve been coloring my hair for almost 15 years now…and I do not have any plans of stopping any time soon lol :wink:

1 Like

Hi SA444, suspect your’e well aware of Amla? I’ve used it for cholesterol but you reminded me it is also used extensively for hair. Just a thought? :thinking:

1 Like

See, this is why I have stopped watching television (tell-LIE-vision) since 2020 and have NEVER GONE BACK. They call their shows on the TV Guide listings as “programs” because the powers of the unseen have been PROGRAMMING people’s minds with negativity, lies, rhetoric and propaganda for over a century. :biohazard:

2 Likes