When have you noticed your age?

When trying to put on my underpants or trousers. I try not to hang on to anything, but if I don’t, then one hits the floor quite quickly! :unamused:

2 Likes

Yes ive noticed my body and mind are aging faster . Not so long ago i went out at night to watch my favorite live band in the pubs in town . I drive up to the shops instead of walking those extra miles . Getting up off the floor and those silly squeeky sounds i make pulling myself up on the furniture . Getting out of the bath is highly dangerous and i take my mobile phone with me in case i slip. I dont feel this is my world any more because i dont understand it or the humans that live on it . :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

You can say that again Susan. All the adverts on telly are aimed at the younger generation and people who want their car to look and drive like the starship enterprise. I don’t know what half the stuff does on my motor, all I know is that it takes your concentration off the road, and it’s not there just to make it go. Adverts on daytime telly are aimed at us oldies, with stuff about funerals and cremation, or taking out life insurance policies on our meagre pensions. But that bloke cuts a mean cheese and tomato sandwich…

5 Likes

When my dark brown hair started to turn grey in my forties, I really didn’t like how it looked against my complexion or my eyes so I began getting it colored to match my natural hair color. I feel way too young to be having grey hair already lol :smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Samantha.
I remember looking in the mirror one morning, there was a small patch of grey hair that seemed to be flashing at - Look at me - look at me. :grinning:
That would have been 35 years ago. Here I am, all those years later with salt and pepper hair.
Still more natural hair colour that grey.
I can not remember my father with anything other than grey, actually white, hair.
He had black hair in his wedding photos but to me he was always white haired.

1 Like

Thank you for welcoming me here, Bretrick! :wave: I would have probably allowed my grey to grow out naturally if it had a nice salt and pepper type of appearance like yours. But instead, it just has like this very unappealing all around whitish-grey look, and I do not like it! I like the way my long hair looks when it is colored with dark brown, which is what my natural hair color is. My hair is (and still looks) very healthy and shiny because I have a healthy diet and I also deep condition my hair weekly and do keratin treatments once a year. I’ve been coloring my hair for almost 15 years now…and I do not have any plans of stopping any time soon lol :wink:

1 Like

Hi SA444, suspect your’e well aware of Amla? I’ve used it for cholesterol but you reminded me it is also used extensively for hair. Just a thought? :thinking:

1 Like

See, this is why I have stopped watching television (tell-LIE-vision) since 2020 and have NEVER GONE BACK. They call their shows on the TV Guide listings as “programs” because the powers of the unseen have been PROGRAMMING people’s minds with negativity, lies, rhetoric and propaganda for over a century. :biohazard:

2 Likes

Yes you are right, it is VERY good for hair health! I wish I had eaten them throughout my life, but I never liked them because they are too sour. So, it is too late for me to eat them to prevent premature greying of my hair, but I still use amla oil treatments a few times a year. I would do it more often than that, but I don’t like the smell of it on my hair, it’s too strong! :persevere:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Samantha, I think I’m going to enjoy reading your posts…
:sunglasses:

Hello @SamanthaAashvi444 :slightly_smiling_face: a warm welcome to OFC, I hope you enjoy your time here…

I really noticed my body aging last year–shortness of breath (thank you COVID for that ongoing “gift”) and the arthritis in my hands and feet. ARRRGHHHH

Oh well, I continue to carry on as much as usual…and have naps/quiet time as needed…

2 Likes

For me turning 70 was a watershed, before that, inspite of a bad back and minor ailments I carried on basically as normal but in the years since my 70th birthday I have noticed that there are more things that I either can’t do or need a lot of planning/thought in advance.

I must admit it was a bit of a shock when, a few years ago, I was told off by a council worker (at council premises) for climbing a ladder and was informed that no one over 70 is allowed on a ladder on council property (it’s a rule apparently).

2 Likes

For forty years I happily ran all manner of races Bruce, but after my 70th birthday I suddenly started to have trouble even jogging around a five mile course. Now at 73 although I can still walk reasonable distances, running further than just a few hundred yards is impossible. I would definitely agree with you that seventy was the turning point of my active life when I realised that I wasn’t immortal…

1 Like

There comes a time when we must accept the limitation placed on us through the advancement of years.
Slowing down, having naps can only be a good thing.
There is no nrrd to be on the go every minute we are awake. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sorry, have to disagree :smile:

In one respect the only time I notice my age is when I take a little quiet time, stop, and think about it. The penny sometimes drops when I’m pondering taking up a new activity, time and bank account willing.

I keep having these thoughts about taking up a martial art again, thing is the last time I did that I was fourteen. There’s been an awful lot of water flowing under my bridge since then. I’m not sure attempting to execute a roundhouse kick these days would be a sensible thing to do :thinking::scream:

3 Likes

I like your new pic,it has a Danger Man look :grinning:

I can still do things only slower and I ache a lot afterwards.

3 Likes

Thank you!
I’d add being a danger man to my to do list but I’m probably a bit past it.
It’s an age thing y’know :wink:

1 Like

I agree with @Psmith , really liking this new profile pic.
Leave it up awhile, I bet it invokes new interest in the man behind the glasses.

1 Like