What's your take on Internet Dating?

Isn’t it just like pimping yourself out to prospective “Clients”?
Like selling your virtues out there in the WWW and hoping for a catch?
I have never done it and never will.

1 Like

Nor me, the telephone was bad enough when making excuses for oneself.

1 Like

I don’t know about finding a partner on the internet, but I might lose one from spending too much time on it…
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

I’ve been told there’s an app that makes you look slimmer.I wouldn’t trust anything on the internet.

2 Likes

If I looked slimmer, the Bike would be riding itself. :laughing:

2 Likes

I think you would have to be careful, you might end up with a Murderer or a Rapist.

I would never have done it.

1 Like

Hi

Yes I have and have met some lovely genuine ladies.

1 Like

I would be too frightened to meet someone i do not know.

1 Like

I tried it once. Unfortunately for me the only person it attracted was a friend of my wife. :lying_face:

1 Like

Wow, that would be a shock. How did that turn out if I may be so bold to ask?

Not something I’ve ever thought about, doubt I would want to have tried it, at any age.

1 Like

I went to meet two different ladies and had two nice weekends, i was supposed to go back to both but phoned them instead… now i’m way to old… its ok for friendship, but most want wedding bells…

1 Like

lol, i didnt meet them on dating sites…no… just forums like this… dont worry ladies ive retired

1 Like

At this age I’ll take anything I can get - even on crutches or with \zimmer frames - got my own electrical jump leads!!

if we can’t work out the catches at this stage may as well head for the mortuary dance!!

1 Like

The “Grab a Grannie nights” I used to go to never involved mobility implements. :grin:

it was worth logging on to get this laugh this morning :rofl:

1 Like

Nor me either. I’ve never had a problem being girlfriendless, far from it, and once married I am a one-lady type of fella.

Smiling here at a memory , I think I’ve mentioned before on the old site .

I met three different men on Internet dating , I arranged to meet each one in a local pub , on the third date I got odd looks from the landlord who had seen me come in with 3 different faces in about 10 days , I think he thought I was an ole whore :grinning:

I stopped Internet dating when a solicitor / lawyer I knew told me she was working on a case of a lady who was badly injured by a man she met online , he hit her over the head with a bat while sleeping . Awful isn’t it . I never knew the outcome of the case but it made me think twice. :unamused:

1 Like

Yes, there are people who use dating sites as a way to lure “victims” -“prey”
On line dating can be a scary thing to do.

1 Like

I was helping my daughter when she expressed that she wanted to see what was out there. :joy::joy::joy:

Quickly, we’ve found out that it was populated with scammers galore, dirty b…ds sending inappropriate content. As well as the ones she might have been interested in dating, who thought they were bigger than their breeches. If you know what I mean.

Others, fell into the scammers categories as they wanted a quick wedding, last as long as needed for them receiving a citizenship and then a quicky divorce!

Man! It was eye opening for what I could look forward to in the eventuality that I might find myself a widow, which is what happened now. Daughter has given them a by now and hoping when it’s destined it’ll happen. You know, you’re no longer looking for someone and your soulmate shows up! Yup…

However, having seen what daughter went through, I’m informed as to not risk it for a biscuit lol.

A friend I’ve known for over 40 years as always been jealous of what I ended up having. However, it was misplaced as she was looking for a rich man who could have given her the house she was looking for. Once, the house would have been built to the extremes she wanted, she would have walked away from the marriage.

Bottom line, she wanted to marry for assets NOT for love and as she’d been abused by her brothers until they turned 18, got married and moved away from home, she never wanted children.

She suffered again, when her father extended the house to add a home for her older brother and she finally had to move away. Long-story-short, I married for love and creating a family and a happy future. She married and divorced 3 times because the house never materialised.

Until recently, she was still looking at POF (Plenty of Fish dating site), the worst for bots and scammers (according to online reviews, anyway). Yesterday, she told me that she’s getting rid of WhatsApp as she was getting too many dating hoodlums (her words lol).

There you go, two situations with a girl in her 30s now, who’s seen one ugly side of it. Myself, who saw how bad it could be and the experience of my friend who’s a year younger than me, and sge still did it for the wrong reasons.

As @Bretrick said, it’s very much selling yourself and frankly I’d go as far to say that it’s a free place without the 1-900-babes costs.

You need real face-to-face meeting and get to know the person in real life. Online, who knows what you’re getting!

However, the game of love is a game of chance. You encounter what you think is the love of your life and you say yes. Therefore, you’re taking a chance in believing in a happy forever after future.

Overall, I’ve no regrets whatsoever but things didn’t quite turn out the way I expected or hoped. I’m weary now to jump back into the dating game and going through the same after the first five years.

If really there’s a new destiny for me, it’ll happen when it’ll happen and it’ll be in real life.

Thanks!

1 Like