What's your pleasure

Beautiful Tudor looks peaceful. :grinning: :grinning:

@DianneWoollie I’m so bad about how much coffee I drink. My old boss used to say he could find me by following the empty cups. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

It’s part of a much larger museum of period buildings not far from my gaff.

Explore The Weald & Downland Living Museum in Chichester (wealddown.co.uk)

2 Likes

Yeah I would love to spend a day there. I was getting ideas just looking at the website. :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve watched the trust build and grow over several decades. The trust obtain old buildings from all over the land then take them apart piece by pieced numbering as they progress. Then at a later date, rebuild exactly as they once were.

1 Like

I drink Assam tea from the Brew Tea Company. I don’t drink coffee and I have only skimmed milk and no sugar.

1 Like

I mostly drink tea, with a little milk and no sugar. Has to be a decent tea, something like Yorkshire Tea. I used to love Assam, but now I have to drink decaf only, and decaf Assam is pretty hard to come by and too expensive for regular use.

I have a camomile tea once or twice a day, nothing added to it, and a coffee perhaps 3 or 4 times a week. with milk and no sugar.

1 Like

I prefer tea to coffee, Australians are coffee snobs hence the failure of Starbucks here but personally I am quite happy with instant coffee - Nescafe Blend 43 does me.

but tea? I refuse to use teabags they make crap tea, I use a teapot and leaf tea even when travelling. Bushels tea is good enough for me, I like my tea scalding hot.

My kids buy me expensive versions of tea like Chai and other blends from T2 which a re nice but frankly I prefer plain black tea.

Unlike Yorkshire we also grow tea in North Queensland on the Atherton Tablelands a brand called Nerada

2 Likes

Can’t stand their coffee it taste burned!! :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

When I brew.

When I don’t.

I can’t understand why people are prepared to buy insipid expensive coffee from Starbucks when you can buy a decent cup of coffee from any one of half a dozen coffee shops nearby for half the price. The coffee culture in Australia is completely different to the US.

1 Like

“A nice cup of tea” like my granny used to make to cure all ills from shock, to a broken heart to an outbreak of acne!

Loose leaf Tetley tea, brewed in the pot until it’s toffee coloured, milk and two sugars

2 Likes

6,387 licensed stores in the United States in 2020.
What can I say American’s like crappy coffee.

Even Maccas had to change their ways in Australia and stop serving that disgusting US coffee. I think McCafe originated in Australia because of this and Maccas employed and trained baristas. I rarely go to Maccas so I don’t really know much about their coffee other than I used to avoid it like the plague but it is now quite acceptable in an emergency

1 Like

Coffee with semi-skimmed milk and sweetener, if partner is with me.
Coffee with cream or full fat milk and sugar, if I am on my own.
Filter coffee preferred but a quality instant is acceptable.
Tea - never

1 Like

Same here. I prefer my cappuccinos to be proper Italian style - 1 shot of espresso, then 1 half hot milk + 1 half foam, no chocolate.

1 Like

Sounds perfect to me. Although on occasions I like 1 (or 5) shot of espresso by itself

I don’t have coffee in a coffee shop in this country very often, but when I do: Flat White is probably the best thing to ask for. I’ve learnt to keep it simple, tell them words they understand, don’t deviate.

Cappuccino was once my go to 

1 Like

I dislike instant coffee. We drink this from a plunger 

We also have Nespresso machine and Starbucks do a pretty good capsule for that.

Good old instant coffee for me, at home, with milk & sweeteners.
nescafe_original_instant_coffee_300g_28542_T1

Out I buy Cappuccino or Latte, depends how I feel.

1 Like