What's the perfect age to get married?

I wouldn’t get married at 17 again that’s for sure. That was my first one. The second we were both 28 and that was a better time, but I had 1 child already but he didn’t want any of his own. I think that people should get married because if a un married couple seperate they wouldn’t be entitled to anything of the relationship.

2 Likes

My opinion the perfect age to marry in would be the Stone Age. Divorces were a lot less complicated. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Much as I love my kids, I think if I was 20(ish) again I would tell myself “Never get married”. Those hormones are a bastard, they make you do things against commonsense and your own best interests.

3 Likes

Whatever he said :point_up:

Nothing lasts forever anyway

3 Likes

25 because that’s when I did, and 25 is a great number.

3 Likes

I’ve never married and the women I’ve lived with never wanted to marry me.All of them have been more interested in their jobs than home making.

3 Likes

And kids?

1 Like

No.Too much responsibility.I could be a grandfather though,much easier.

4 Likes

Very true, it’s role I enjoy very much, as you say much better than being a parent, when you are fed up with the little bastards you just give them back

3 Likes

The best age / time? Sometime never again!
:thinking: :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Ditto

2 Likes

I was 20 when I married and went to live in South America .
it was a huge adventure and I don’t regret it at all .

1 Like

I have no regrets at marrying young 16 !
Would I do it again , think I’d wait till reaching 20
Now a widow Im starting to enjoy the single life.

2 Likes

Friends of mine have just married he is 86 she is 83

They met when they were 21 and fell in love family situations separated them . They met again 7 years ago and fell back in love

Perfect :two_hearts:

3 Likes

I wonder about this. Wouldn’t two single pensions be worth more than a couple’s pension?

They’d be better off living in sin :wink:

3 Likes

I think a pensioner has to declare if their situation changes like marriage or partnership but I may be wrong , possibly it is those who are on pension benefits like pension credits .

2 Likes

As a married couple, we each receive a full non reduced state pension in our own rights. Of course, HMRC adds the sum to our occy pensions + other incomes and then take tax from us. Mrs LD pays via PAYE and I have to submit my own returns due to my collection of incomes. The only ‘tax’ we do not pay is the National Insurance levy.

2 Likes

That is true but a couple in their 80s would find it pretty easy to convince the SS that they were just living together to share expenses.

1 Like

The best age for a man to marry is when the sap starts rising, and for a women when nest making is the priority

As a pensioner I wouldn’t live with anyone but be there all the time. A neighbour across the road has a girlfriend, at the weekend they alternate going to eachothers place for the weekend. He’s not a pensioner and I don’t know how old the lady is but it’s a good idea. He never wanted children but she has and grandchildren so he stays out of the way when his girlfriend has to see them.They also go on holiday together. Perhaps it’s a arrangement friends with benefits. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: