What's the most important thing you'd miss if you lost your phone?

I don’t have a smart phone, I have a hard copy of any numbers stored. No pics on my phone, important numbers or passwords. So, no worries.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t know the time (or day probably)

All important info on my iPhone, such as stored phone numbers, electronic diary, reminders, photos, music etc is also shared with my iPad and backed up on the iCloud, so I could easily retrieve any info I needed if I ever lost my phone.

I still have my old “paper-based” address book and “birthday / anniversary book” for friends and family, which I keep up to date, but I don’t usually write people’s mobile phone numbers in it, so I rely on my Apple contact list for retrieving mobile phone numbers.

How many paces I had done, the spreadsheet would be defunct.

Same as the OP although I have a smartphone. All the passwords are on paper. All the phone numbers are on paper. When my last phone broke, I didn’t get another one for months. When I finally did, it was easy to restore everything. I would miss one app that I use daily if my phone gave out but it’s on two phones so hopefully they don’t break or get lost simultaneously.

1 Like

Same here, just a few phone numbers, in fact I rarely use it. Rarely take it with me & don’t feel the need for a mobile phone anyway. Only reason I use it is at car boot sales if I want my daughter for any reason, we always shop seperately, as she likes to charge off & I like to stroll around them. :grinning:

The Internet! I only use my phone to go online, no PC, laptop or IPad :flushed:

Photos of my grandchildren and videos of them singing happy birthday to me.

Nothing - I rarely use it.

2 Likes

I take my one in the car in case of breakdowns and use it to check my bank account. That’s all. I use my landline for calls.

1 Like

All my photos are stored on cloud and linked to iPad
Along with diary.
I’d miss contacts and the time as I’ve given up wearing a watch .

I dont have a Smart Phone , My Children call mine a Burner Phone :rofl:

It is assummed that everyone does have one , my Health provider sends me text with links to go to , well my phone dont work like that so I have to painstakenly coping it on my LT, and my eyes cannot tell a (, from a .) so after several goes I give up .

1 Like

If in doubt, treat it as a full stop .
Links to genuine websites do not usually use commas ,

1 Like

Absolutely everything!
From my days working as a childminder I had all contacts, emergency contacts, allergies, appointments, after school activities… all loaded onto one device which was with me 24/7
I still have everything loaded onto there. One thing to carry

Not even that. I used I use Royal Mail or other services. That way my mail keeps recorded and stores them in order. When I talk to somebody I physically do that.

Hi

My new smartphone is the most important thing that I have now.

It is a rugged phone with a three day battery, a titanium case and linked to all my devices.

It is an essential part of my living at home system as my health deteriorates.

It is linked to all my devices, laptop, video doorbells and both inside and outside cameras.

2 Likes

I couldn’t do any banking anymore and I’d miss that dreadfully.

1 Like

At worst, it would be an inconvenience if I lost my phone, but that’s about it. Everything I have on it is backed up regularly and easily transferred to another phone if I had to. Lived for years without one and could still live for years without one. The only difference is the minor convenience it affords in having one.

1 Like

my android smartphone is a toy, rarely leaves the house, I don’t use it for banking/payments or anything serious.

If lost, I’d lose the contacts list which is not invaluable. And a load of old text messages that need deleting anyway.

1 Like

Nothing really, I back up my family snapshots, it’d just be a pain in the arse paying for a new unit and setting it up.

Mobile phones are a necessity these days,no more and no less.

1 Like