What's the essential part of a Full English breakfast?

Yes, he may be a brilliant cook / chef but is it really necessary, in the light of that, for the appalling language! That spoils whatever is good about his skills, I am usually very quick in changing channels and I don’t hear much about his cooking expertise! I reckon he needs one of these:
:zipper_mouth_face:

I’ve worked in factories where people, usually men in those days, swear but he beats them two or three times over!
:frowning_face:

It’s also very strange, from what I have seen, not one of the other chefs on TV cookery programmes swears like he does. I won’t go on to name them all but there are many, both males and females.
:grinning:

Yes @Minx, that must have been very difficult for you to resist!
:thinking: :grinning:

1 Like

I have had American bacon in many hotels and restaurants in the USA.
The rashers are very small, very narrow, and very thin. They actually taste quite good but you need three to four times as many rashers as over here to make a bacon butty. Because the rashers are so thin, they lend themselves to making crispy bacon.

If you are in the USA, don’t be fooled by the term, Canadian bacon. It didn’t originate in Canada, and it isn’t it bacon. It’s more like gammon.
A bit like an English muffin in America didn’t originate in England, and isn’t a muffin. It’s more like a breakfast cake, not bread.

I can vouch for the fact that Canada has some very nice “proper” bacon.

1 Like

That’s what we call Streaky, the best bit, as enjoyed in most of the world.

Who mentioned Danish? Corporate pig farmers injecting crap into dead pig, slicing it to look value for money behind plastic.

Oozing gunge in the the pan.

We deserve better.

We don’t buy British or Danish.

1 Like

Guilty, it was me who mentioned Danish.

If you don’t buy British or Danish then, if you don’t mind me asking, what do you buy (in the UK)?
:thinking:

We’ve been buying from Portuguese delis for as long as I can remember, but there must be suppliers from a dozen other countries that will serve similar.

https://portugaliaonline.co.uk/Client/portugalia/Temp/estrela-da-beira-bacon-pieces_636511109252727193_pixels_700_False_False.jpg

1 Like

Thanks d00d, that looks rather like streaky bacon and I much prefer unsmoked back bacon. I have found that the dry cured is far better in that it doesn’t leave all that white liquid in the frying pan. No added water to that kind I guess is the reason. Fortunately I eat very little bacon, a fry-up probably once every three of four weeks, if that. The occasional bacon sarnie or bacon roll very couple of weeks and that’s it for fried foods.
:grinning:

2 Likes

I luv a little bit of a crispy :bacon:

He can’t talk (well, he can but he probably shouldn’t!) He got slated a while back for charging £19 for a tiny brekkie in his restaurant

Gordon Ramsay’s £19 breakfast

I read his biography once, he had a very tough start in life and really pulled himself out by his bootlaces

I liked him more after reading it, I think he’s entitle to a bit of a swear

2 Likes

That’s inspirational!
Thank you!

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Decent UK bacon is available; it just doesn’t come in sealed plastic packaging, nor can it be found in a supermarket.

The same applies to sausages.

I have to say, I am quite partial to a nice portion of sausage.

2 Likes

I thought that the main food are eggs…mistaken

2 Likes

Hi helenmerritt! :039: Welcome to the forum. If you’d like, feel free to start a thread to say hi to everyone here.

Hope you have a fun time here.

We treated ourselves to a seaside breakfast this morning, I think it had it all :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Really good value too, £6.50 including the orange juice and tea. We could have had scrambled or poached eggs instead of fried and toast instead of fried bread

Really naughty, but do you ever indulge?

1 Like

I have a full Irish at least once per week - but definitely no beans!

That hash brown is so cute. I’ve never seen one that tiny. I guess it would have to be with so much else going on.

Looks yummy. :yum:

1 Like

An insufficiency of bacon and mushrooms if you ask me but otherwise, OK.

Cooked my son a full English before he drives back to London. No mushrooms or black pudding which I’d deffo call essentials, but he doesn’t like them :rage::joy:

1 Like

I don’t like runny eggs…

1 Like

Fried bread cooked in lard with white pepper, very trad!

2 Likes

Hi

Bacon, baked beans, fried potatoes or hash browns, tomatoes and either ketchup or brown sauce.

All things I can no longer have.

1 Like