What's the essential part of a Full English breakfast?

We treated ourselves to a seaside breakfast this morning, I think it had it all :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Really good value too, £6.50 including the orange juice and tea. We could have had scrambled or poached eggs instead of fried and toast instead of fried bread

Really naughty, but do you ever indulge?

1 Like

I have a full Irish at least once per week - but definitely no beans!

That hash brown is so cute. I’ve never seen one that tiny. I guess it would have to be with so much else going on.

Looks yummy. :yum:

1 Like

An insufficiency of bacon and mushrooms if you ask me but otherwise, OK.

Cooked my son a full English before he drives back to London. No mushrooms or black pudding which I’d deffo call essentials, but he doesn’t like them :rage::joy:

1 Like

I don’t like runny eggs…

1 Like

Fried bread cooked in lard with white pepper, very trad!

2 Likes

Hi

Bacon, baked beans, fried potatoes or hash browns, tomatoes and either ketchup or brown sauce.

All things I can no longer have.

1 Like

What’s the essential part of a Full English breakfast? something I can’t haved any more

Tomato Ketchup

1 Like

Swimmy, I can have it all,but I don’t want it. Not for breakfast… :slightly_smiling_face:

And what about something to wash it all down with?
It’s got to be tea surely, strong hot tea, Sgt Major’s tea as my dad used to call it.

1 Like

{{{{{man :hugs:}}}}} for my mate Swimmy.

1 Like

Bacon, egg, sausage, tinned plum tomatoes, fried slice, black pudding, hash brown, mushrooms, toast, and a brew. Never beans.

1 Like

Blimey Judsy, it would take me all weekend to eat all that. :smiley:

(Mind you, I’d enjoy trying). :+1:

one served by a sexy italian?

Come to Australia you will be allowed Tomato Sauce, it’s the reason why Australian’s life expectancy is higher than in the UK.

Slight adjusrment for traditional ‘Full Irish’

Bacon, sausage, egg, fresh tomato, black pudding, white pudding, mushrooms, fried potatoes. Either fried bread or toast - not both, and never beans or hash browns - they are an american addition.

Same as in August 2021 but this time, the stretch was just regular and the tomatoes are now specifically tinned. :wink:

I’m a porridge person Scots jumbo old fashioned , on special occasions I’ve been known to add a spoonful of golden syrup .
As a kid we had golden syrup and evaporated milk , it’s wonder I’ve any teeth left !

1 Like

English Breakfast are okay but I prefer the version hubby did and we’ve added things and subtracted others over the years.

Scottish Breakfast or Fry Up

Two eggs your choice
Two hash browns
Two rashes of Bacon
Two Sausages
Two Black Pudding Slices
Two Haggis Slices
Two Buttered Toasts
Butter roasted mushrooms (as many as you have fresh to begin with)

Condiments: Maple Syrup and Ketchup
PS if eggs are sunny side up, then toasts are used to get the golden yolks, otherwise make a sandwich out of it, portable breakfast, dry eggs, get preserves, strawberry or apricot.

Accompany with glass of Orange juice and coffee to end. Yum!

To answer the question here… I’d have to say the potatoes, either hash browns or diced/spiced potato cubes

2 Likes