What's on your pizza?

I haven’t had a great pizza in a while. It’s one of my favorite foods. :yum:

I used to have a great pizza with soy cheese (that was surprisingly good), eggplant and sundried tomatoes on a deep dish style crust.

Another favorite was a thai pizza with a peanut butter based topping, bean sprouts, shredded carrots and a few assorted vegetables.

I’m OK with pineapple on a pizza, but I’m not wild about it. There seems to be a lot of controversy about that.

What are your favorite pizza toppings?

Hot and spicy, Meat Lovers or Seafood.

I have pizza rarely but those are my usual choices

I’m with @Bruce on this one. I like my pizza like me Hot and spicy :joy:
Meat feast thin crust :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t normally eat Pizza, especially these bought ones, but if I do, I like Peppers, Onions and loads of Chilli.

2 Likes

Same here, extra pepperoni and an upright sausage on every slice. :laughing:

2 Likes

If it’s a good pizza with a proper Italian base then I like simple Margherita! If you’ve got a nice dough, tomato, mozarella and basil and a glass of red wine you don’t need anything else, reminds me of being on holiday in Italy

Done badly and cheap supermarket margheritas can be really boring and naff though

If we go out for pizza a lot of places do some sort of goat’s cheese and rocket combo, I love that

6 Likes

I make an outstanding (if I do say so myself and I just did) caramelized onion and blue cheese pizza on a thin crust…can’t be beaten

3 Likes

As little as possible…
I make my own and the topping is just tomato, mozzarella and lots of fresh basil…

5 Likes

There’s no such thing as a decent pizza outside of Italy unless you can find a restaurant that has an Italian born, raised, and trained pizza chef. Pizza By Golli is one such place in Sutton Coldfield.

I prefer ham and mushrooms or pepperoni and mushrooms on my pizzas.

1 Like

Unfortunately, my wife has said I’m not allowed pizza because I need to lose a little weight.

But when my wife isn’t around, I only go for meat pizzas, with pepperoni, bacon, ham and sausage.

4 Likes

same as me Graham :+1:

1 Like

Funny you should mention ‘Pizza’s’ butterscotch, Tuesday is pizza night and we always have one of these. Not much time to make our own but I do some mash potato and extra veg to liven it up a bit…
Pizza

2 Likes

Thin crust margherita pizza is my favourite - preferably made and eaten in Italy - but I’ll settle for one of your home-made pizzas @Meg - they sound just right! :it:

4 Likes

Hand tossed crust. Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Jalapenos, Onions, Mushrooms

2 Likes

My husband’s gone and got himself an Ooni outdoor pizza oven!

Good news ‘cos now he can’t moan about me buying kitchen gadgets

This was our first attempt. Pepperoni, jalapeños, red onion, green pepper, mozarella

A bit burned around the edges but it tasted goooood! …….

2 Likes

Why the cardboard box?

We haven’t made a pizza from scratch for ages, must have another go soon.
I do struggle with the dough, it just seems to be a little too spongy, maybe the bog standard oven just isn’t up to the job.
Next time I’ll be adding more olives, the topping looks a bit sparse.

3 Likes

Ah, we buy those online, they’re like pizza take aways boxes

We also have on of these!

It’s partly for a laugh so the old man can pretend he’s a take-away :rofl:

But mostly when the pizzas come out of the Ooni, they are red hot, far too hot to heat and you have to let them cool for 5-15 minutes before you could eat them

So what we do, especially if we’re doing pizza for lots of guests, is cook the pizza, then into the box, then stored in the hot bag while we cook the next one!

The pizza oven is so hot that the pizzas literally take only 2-3 minutes to cook

So when we’ve done them all, plus a batch of garlic dough balls, we open the bag, give everyone their pizza in a box, and lay the table up with plates, knifes and forks, salad etc :+1:

5 Likes

How fun! :smiley:

1 Like

It looks lovely :+1:

Pizza ovens get really hot, that’s the difference

Have you tried cold proving the dough. Instead of leaving it in a warm place to rise you do it in the fridge for 24-72 hours, it’s really nice

This is the recipe we use

1 Like