What would you save in a fire (besides people and animals)?

Years ago, I bought a metal box that was supposedly fire proof to store some important things. I put my birth certificate in it and some other things I thought I would want to save in a fire.

Things have changed a lot since then. Most things are now digital. I can save pictures on the internet. I can get a copy of my birth certificate digitally probably. I’m not sure that box of stuff is so necessary anymore.

If you could save only what you could carry in one trip, what would you save besides people and animals?

Ive spent a lot of money and time on Family History collecting certs and newspaper articles , ever since 2006, so Id make an effort to get them out , cause I would not like to start again …
Id also make sure I had my Bank Card ,

2 Likes

Passports.
Important documents.
Coin collection.

1 Like

Family photos because all my photos from birth to about age 18 were stolen and I would give anything to have them back.

2 Likes

Photographs, handbag and car keys.

1 Like

My important document folder
Jewellery.
Change of clothing.

What photos I have are on cloud, sadly a lot got eaten by rats while in storage.

1 Like

Are you are a serious numismatist ? :grinning:
My BH’s father has a room full of them.

1 Like

Yes :040:

1 Like

at this time of year, bob cap and gloves

1 Like

It’s a pity he’s not here instead of me.It’s the history of them that appeals to him too.

1 Like

Yes. I agree. It’s a tangible piece of history. I look at them and wonder of times past and how life would have been like for people living at that time.

I love coin hunting. :026:

2 Likes

My husbands L S Lowry signed print that was a gift from myself.

1 Like

Car keys
Mobile phone
Change of clothes.

1 Like

Wow!……

What would I take besides people and animals…

Mobile phone.
A wad of cash (I always keep one handy for emergencies)
Credit and debit cards for booking into a hotel.
Mr M’s medications.

Eveything else is just belongings and is replaceable and can burn, except maybe for my Snoopy, he’s cute and I’d miss him.

1 Like

bank card, box with old family documents, and my external hard disk

Just leave it behind and claim on the insurance

2 Likes

My phone and diary :sweat_smile:

Useful … and good choices.

1 Like

That’s love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :joy:

1 Like