What topic/s could you spend hours talking about?

Yep I know but it is Topical Chat…How I managed to stay on Topic holey nosey maybe I am catching Flu or something sinister… :worried:

1 Like

I do too Dianne, I can see your humorous and playful side and I do look forward to reading your posts… :+1:

1 Like

Italian recipes!

Please ask if you need any help :smiley: :tomato: :plate_with_cutlery:

2 Likes

Tony Adams ( Adam) is still around and Benny, and Miss Diane. Most of the cast are no longer with us.
Sadly Jill has dementia.
Did you watch Nolly recently?

2 Likes

It was very sad about Sandy , he was fit and healthy when he was cast in the wheelchair, then he got Hodgkin’s disease and had to use a wheelchair. Life imitating art?
He died of the illness aged 35…

3 Likes

Yes, all very sobering really. It’s easy to forget actually how long ago that was. I didn’t watch Nolly I’m afraid, that one just passed me by. I hardly watch any TV at all these days, just the occasional DVD.

2 Likes

The serial seemed to reach a kind of crossroads and took a wrong turn.

3 Likes

Me neither not a TV fan I listen to music most of the time whilst doing other things…At the moment I and doing a lot with my New Sewing Machine that has go fast wheels…Always enjoyed creating stuff from nothing…
I knew nothing of Sandy and his health, very sad what can happen in our lives…

2 Likes

The universe I could miles and miles on about it and never get to the end

1 Like

I enjoy baking and need to follow mostly recipes rather than make up new gems…
My Crumpets I now know I had forgotten to heat the milk and then add the cold water. so its luke warm only.
…The difference is startling…loads of bubbles meaning loads of air holes in the Crumpets…much tastier now. Have tried batch cooking them and as long as you under brown them then all is purrfectly Successful…

2 Likes

Case in point, I just got a new client, but boy does he talk! Like 10 minutes explaining how he found something on ebay and the mini dramas of its delivery :grinning:.

I wonder if such folk are aware they can be boring when reeling off every tiny detail?

I mean sure if it’s recounting a really amusing story, but an ebay delivery?

I’m a good listener to an extent but when people push it too far I let them know one way or another. Sometimes I’m too blunt and it doesn’t go down well

Don’t ever use the phrase ‘so I turned around and said’

4 Likes

Or, as is common up here
“I was like…then she was like…the he came in and was like…” while demonstrating facial expressions and hand gestures! :grin:

4 Likes

Grrr equally cringe ^.

I’ve got another one but not sure any of you will recognise this. I’m make an excellent point (obviously) and my Brother has this habit of replying ‘it’s not that it’s X’.

EXAMPLE;

I might say I can’t stand middle lane drivers.

He will reply ‘oh it’s not that it’s people who indicate right at a roundabout but go straight on so you have only a 50/50 idea what they’re planning’.

He isn’t saying I’m wrong, it’s just his annoying verbal tick of saying its not that its this

3 Likes

Maybe you have left and just don’t realize it :grin:

1 Like

Spitty! Don’t be mean…

Di, big hugs :hugs: Maybe its a glitch in the system?

1 Like

Its in my DNA :icon_wink:

2 Likes

I know :roll_eyes: :joy:

I could spend hours talking about internet :performing_arts: drama…not!

Consider that it is sometimes self inflicted and maybe a little introspection would be helpful.

Politics / religion / human behavior, and history, though they are all interrelated.

1 Like