What time do you go food shopping

What time do you food shop and why do you shop at that time?..Do you shop on your own?

Or do you shop together as a family?

Who does the food shopping in your household?

I shop by myself…my son also likes to food shop by himself.

I don’t really have a set time but we do seem to mostly go on a Thurs or Friday afternoon. However, if I’m not wanting much in the way of fresh produce we might go on a Sunday which is much more leisurely.

Tony goes with me to push the trolley & help with the packing.

1 Like

I’m retired and live on my own, so I could go shopping whenever I want.
But I usually go in the morning after the rush hour (such as it is) or in the afternoon before the schools chuck out
So that means between about 10-00 and 15-00, for both supermarkets and ordinary shops

1 Like

“Pauline’s OFF dossier day 64” :smiley: :face_with_monocle: :wink:

1 Like

I know, I talk to much, now watch me get a load of well saids,:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

Answer the question please,Annie.

I would like to know what time you go shopping and who with?..:wink:

We go as a couple and take a trolley each with a split list. We then meet up to check our items before going to the checkout. During the grockle season, we are out early but during the winter about an hour or so later.

1 Like

haha I feel like I am on Line of Duty :smiley:

1 Like

LD, I have just been down to Lidl, the car park was packed…not to busy in the centre though, picked up my prescription,then came home,:+1::+1:…not forgetting my jam doughnut from Lidl, best bakery ever, it certainly gets my vote,:+1::+1:

I like to do my food shopping very early as a rule, had to pick up my prescription this morning ,so did a little bit of food shopping in Lidl.

Home delivery from Tesco is as and when we like. During lock down we had priority deliveries every week, after restrictions were lifted Tesco offered special deals for deliveries by paying for 6 months up front (helps keep the drivers employed)

1 Like

Retired too, so it could be any day of the week, and any time, but like to get out late mornings, so my afternoons are free.

2 Likes

My main shop is delivered on Friday mornings between 10 and 11 o’clock - I’ve had that for about 8 years now because I dislike supermarket shopping (or any shopping if it comes to that!). I buy fresh produce from either the farm shop or farmers’ market, no fixed day for that. Occasionally, I will pop into Waitrose on a Tuesday morning because that seems to be the day they have the most offers … products near to sell by/use by dates and so on.

1 Like

I keep forgetting about online shopping ,Margaret, I have to admit just lately, I’m fed of food shopping in supermarkets and the queues.

1 Like

I like online grocery shopping because I have a list of regular items that I buy and then I add other items when I need them. Occasionally I get substitutions because the store doesn’t have what I ordered and then it’s up to me whether I accept them or not - mostly I do because Waitrose are very good at matching substitutions with my original order. I know it doesn’t suit everyone to do their shop online but it suits me and that’s all that matters really isn’t it? Maybe you should have a go at it Pauline to see how you get on?

1 Like

Yes, my son will show me how to do it…I need a break from shopping in supermarkets, it can be very tiresome, never thought I’d be saying that, the joy of ageing.

1 Like

It’s quite straightforward once you’ve done it a couple of times Pauline. If you do have a go, let us know how you get on.

1 Like

I will,Margaret, thank you.:+1:

1 Like

Early, I’m in the pool for 7am and it’s just behind our local Tesco so I pop in after my swim, usually around 8.30am.It’s not busy at that time so I get peace to wander/browse if I want. I have to go over to the huge Tesco just outside Wick around once a month to stock up on what our one doesn’t have. I go there for around 11am and it’s pot luck, you never know how busy it will be.

1 Like

The wife and I go shopping about 09:00. Gets it over and done with. Not too busy at that time either.:+1:

1 Like

We do it on line and then get them delivered to our door.

2 Likes