What time do you go food shopping

All depends, if its weekly shopping then 8am, if its just bits and pieces then 6am.

1 Like

Of course, some shops are open 24/7 aren’t they…which shop is open at 6 am, Susie?..:slightly_smiling_face:

After school… most of the time Friday is the Big shop day.
It’s always busy but I do a self scan shop these days and that saves a lot of queuing and unloading and packing time, so it doesn’t really bother me that it’s chokka

2 Likes

Does anyone here do a smart shop…?

Smart as in…?

It’s called smart shop…you go around with a device that scans all the products…

Oh, OK. We just don’t go round anywhere.

We haven’t been inside a supermarket for over 5 years it’s all done online
why drive a few miles when we can do it from the comfort of our own home
no traipsing around aisles looking for products…no queuing at the checkouts and no getting cold or wet

2 Likes

To Tesco I big shop as late as possible, though yesterday it was 8.30 p.m. Daughter takes Son & I as she is the only driver. Son & I shop together, Daughter has her own trolley. Then we meet up at the checkout.
For odds & ends we go where ever we happen to be near, a supermarket or shop day time. Went to an Aldi a few days ago, do not like that shop, but I bought a pair of PJ’s from the middle aisle. :grinning:
It’s usually milk we run out of mid week…

1 Like

Not here they don’t. Tesco closes at 8pm.

1 Like

Yes I/we do. Simple using the zapper. Plus you can pack your bags as you do your shopping. No throwing shopping in the trolley, unloading it onto the conveyor belt and then packing it. :+1:

2 Likes

I hate shopping but food shopping is a bit essential really!
I go when l want but it’s usually when l run out of milk!!

Friday teatime (5pm for Southerners). Lidl Mirfield, and use their self-scan tills. A lot faster than queueing up at a normal till.

1 Like

Tesco, Pauline.

1 Like

I love shopping, and use the supermarkets in turn. Morrisons, Asda, Tesco, Lidl, and Aldi if visiting my sister. Sainsburys only if I am in Yarmouth.

When I lived in London it was quite usual for me to do Morrisons first, then drive the few minutes to Sainsburys (on the way home).

1 Like

Or your beef steak,Art loves her steak,:+1:

Thanks for that,Susie, I never knew they opened so early,:+1:

I have no shopping routines.
I was taught never to have a regular routine for the times and routes I take, for security reasons and, although nobody is likely to be interested in my movements nowadays as a retired old fogey, I have never got out of the habit of trying to be as random as possible. :wink:

I try to use local farm shops and independent retailers as much as possible but I have recently discovered that a supermarket called LIDL can give my local baker a run for his money.
A branch of this supermarket opened in a town near me about a year ago and I finally got around to checking it out a few weeks ago - it sells the most delicious low GI seeded cob loaf, which I have gone out of my way to buy a few times - and they also sell a very palateable champagne at a fraction of the price I usually pay.

Our Tesco is open all the time, 24 hours, except closed Saturday at midnight & open Sunday 10 til 4 pm.

1 Like

Yes l do love steak and fish and chips but not all on the same plate!!

1 Like