What tea do you drink

I like Thompsons Punjana & Tetley t bags…I saw/heard Sean Bean on an advert screaming like a Banshee advertising Yorkshire t bags.so…I tried 'em…yuck!
They may taste fine brewed with Yorkshire water…but not
with Scottish water as it had a taste of cardboard. :grimacing:

“50% extra free” That’s my sort of tea.

I was more intrigued by the meringues

1 Like

Do you know the difference between tea and coffee ? There is no f in tea

And no t in coffee.

The Father Ted character was the housekeeper, Mrs Doyle.

I have PG Tips, bags. Milk, no sugar. Sometimes towards the evening I might have a decaf one. Then for the mornings I drink coffee (mellow birds), a cold drink or tea lunchtime, and a tea mid afternoon.

Hi Muddy, even worse was a guy I once helped get his motorcycle running, who invited me to visit him at his house later.
He was originally from Armenia & he made a coffee that you could almost stand a spoon upright in it.

How many a day I asked ?

Around six was his reply

All I could visualise in my mind was if they ever took an Xray it would simply come out as one HUGE BLACK PATCH. :innocent:

But DAMMIT that coffee he made was GOOD !!! :grin:

I’ve been watching Turkish movies where people drink tea black served in small glasses, all very civilised. Anyone know what this “tea” is? Anything about the custom?

BTW, a couple of years ago, I was hooked on outdoor cooking youtube videos from that part of the world (where country names end in …stan). Some video show husband & wife finding a suitable site, getting comfortable, lighting a fire, preparing food … the husband would go off, picking wild flowers to make tea.

Tettly of course!

Do you need to ask? It’s a no brainer…

Yorkshire Tea

1 Like

Oralet, Rize, and Apple are common.

Rize is a Province

“Turkish black tea is traditionally brewed in a small, cylindrical pot called a “çaydanlık.” The tea is boiled in water and then poured back and forth between the çaydanlık and a cup to create a rich, full-bodied flavor.”

1 Like

I’ve been drinking this loose leaf tea for a couple of years now. It’s not cheap, but you do get a decent cup of tea. I just got fed up with the ropey old tasteless teabags that abound. Saying that, this company also does teabags too! I prefer the loose. :grin: :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m partial to the occasional cup of this with lemon :lemon:

2 Likes

I recollect a family scene in Tesco’s years ago.A little boy of about 8 wanted his mother to buy some because Capt Picard liked it but she wasn’t so sure that it would be his cup of tea.

I’ve been drinking Chamomile lately,It’s supposed to help you sleep.

I’ve tried fresh chamomile tea, very pleasant it was too!
And mint tea…as for slumber time, sadly I’d be more likely to go for the nytol :disappointed:

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’ve always been more of a coffee drinker, but thinking of changing my habits: maybe including a touch of caffeinated tea.

Yorkshire Tea is my favourite, with a dash of milk.

If there is no milk, I prefer Lady Grey tea - Earl Grey is too strongly bergamot-ty for me.

2 Likes

Yes, I vividly recall wandering through the tea plantations of Yorkshire on my last visit to the place.

1 Like

And with the onset of global warming stand by for a fruity Yorkshire red wine with a hint of coal dust Bruce.
Mrs Fox always says she likes a handful of slack…
:sunglasses:
Just in case you were wondering…
Quote:-
Slack is a very cost effective way to back up open fires and maintain a longer burn time . Traditionally, slack coal is added to a fire at night and should maintain a fire throughout the night. The flame will not be there however the heat will be maintained within the coal.

I am not convinced that grape vines will flourish under 3 kilometres of ice.

Of course I know what slack is we used to bank our fires at night with it, it was cheaper than coal.

1 Like