What’s your favourite facial

Come join us tomorrow to do a facial together?
It will be lots of fun and your company would be greatly appreciated. Guaranteed FUN @AnnieS
Of course we will drink wine together. :grin:

2 Likes

[quote=“Bratti, post:30, topic:85335, full:true”{

I prefer making my own facials with things like egg whites , clay, oatmeal, milk of magnesia, virgin olive oil, Rose water and stuff but there are some great commercial ones out, especially now a days.
[/quote]

Ooh, a kindred spirit, I love dabbling with home made beauty stuff, it’s like a mixture of witch craft and super pamper.

My favourite DIY home spa facial at the moment is;

Get make up off with micellar water, then wash with eco warrior soap for sensitive skin

Steam ( not poach!) face over a bowl of hot water with two chamomile tea bags and lemon peel in itv

Exfoliate with a ground almond, grape seed oil and rose oil. Wash of with warm water

Soak in the bath with a face mask on made of advocado, cucumber, coconut oil and oatmeal

(I do a hot olive oil treatment on my hair at the same time)

Rinse off the face mask with warm water, tone with a witch Hazel and rose water mixture, then apply a very light cucumber and coconut milk moisturiser

It takes a bit of time to get all the potions ready but it’s fun and once a month I like to have a diy spa day

2 Likes

That sounds awesome! I love your routine :grinning:

1 Like

It is very relaxing and I feel like a princess!

And not expensive either

2 Likes

That’s always a bonus :grinning:

1 Like

Oh kindred spirits for sure. That sounds awesome. You clearly been doing this a while. We must share some info here. I like your style.
A DIY spa day is awaiting me😇

I’m looking forward to doing my facial today.
I’m going to walk the dogs, do some housework, make some dinner, have some wine and do a facial. Yayyy. I’ll report the results later.

2 Likes

Sailing. Hey! ( jumps up and down )
Me too please. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Facial in progress :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s been utterly blissful Bratti! It’s a lovely facial recipe. Definitely a keeper! I will do this again.

I’m on my second glass of wine :wine_glass:

I’m a happy bunny today.

:002:

A decadent bubble bath awaits - I look forward to your report back!

Cheers

2 Likes

Good grief girls, I’m still sorting out supplies! You are all way ahead of me here. I’m doing mine about 8:30pm after I take the dog out. I have the bubble bath ready, candles ready…music playlist sorted out, ingredients ready to mix…looking forward to this! :joy:

2 Likes

Good stuff Minx. It is a nice facial. I’m glad you like it.

I’m just eating so starting my first glass in a bit so I won’t be far from you time wise Pixie presuming I’m 5 hours behind you. It’s going on 1:00 pm here.

I’ll take pictures of my concoction before applying it. After might be too shocking. :flushed:

I have all the ingredients but my honey is creamed unpasteurized so I may need to warm it up some before using it.

Happy pampering ladies. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Hope you enjoyed your facial, we are going to be so gorgeous the chaps will go wild! Let us know what you used xxx
I just ordered some Fuller’s Earth powder to try, it makes those face masks that crack if you talk or smile :rofl:

• List item
2 Likes

I’ve used that before as well as clay. They are nice for pulling impurities out of pores. I suppose they all are but it’s nice to have a selection of different types. One can never have too many facials. :partying_face:I need all the help I can get. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Well look at you!!!
Very nice.
That wine looks goooood! :drooling_face:
How much stuff did you have left over?
Did you feel rehydrated?

1 Like

Facial?
The surgeon did mine…:frowning:

1 Like

Its just gone half 5 here. I have had dinner, so ahem having a glass of wine. I always do things back to front :joy:

1 Like

Ok. The facial is finished and my skin is a glowing but that recipe was FAR too much. The last time I did this was with a couple of friends.
For single use I shall cut this recipe down by at least half. I also added a bit of oat flour to thicken it up some.

I considered taking a photo of it on my face but then changed my mind. It sort of looks like someone puked on my face. :fearful:

Anyway I used steel cut oats since the pieces are much smaller. My skin is feeling very clean, fresh and super nourished and hydrated though.

1 Like

There was a substantial amount left over :slightly_smiling_face:

I will half the recipe next time around!
Definitely feeling hydrated! My skin is so much softer :grinning:

Thank you Bratti!

1 Like

I’ll definitely do steel cut oats next time around!

1 Like

You’re very welcome. My pleasure. I forgot about the oats part until I mixed it all up. Full sized oats are just too big.

1 Like