What’s the spiciest thing you’ve ever eaten?

Whilst in Malaysia, at a Restaurant, I ordered Rogan Josh.
The waiter tried to talk me out of it saying it was too hot for Westerners.
Of course, we do silly things sometimes. :slightly_smiling_face:
I ordered it, suffered badly eating it and suffered worse the next morning :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Same here Bretrick on holiday recently a waiter tried to talk me out of a starter in a restaurant saying it was very spicy…I thought I would be OK after all it was only a starter a small dish…blinkin heck it almost blew my head off :slight_smile: :hot_face:

1 Like

It can’t happen because I give spicy things a wide berth.

1 Like

:grinning: We know more than the waiter, not! :rofl:

Wise decision. No surprises then.

1 Like

I grew up around a lot of spicy food. Once it gets past a certain level, it’s inedible for me, so I don’t remember what the spiciest was. I had a roommate who was from Indonesia. She ate some spicy stuff. I didn’t eat much of it.

1 Like

Food can be too spicy. Detracting from the enjoyment of the dish.

3 Likes

Chilli coated nuts from Tesco.lovely.

2 Likes

I have yet to find any food that is too spicy, I love spicy food

3 Likes

I’m not into spicy food.
If the recipe calls for chilli I ignore it :wink:

1 Like

He who controls the spice controls the universe. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Blimey, that’s me out

2 Likes

Hi

Different Spice Ripple, he is referring to the film Dune.

The hottest thing I have ever had was a Thai Green Mango Salad.

It thought it be be really nice and cooling on a hot afternoon, big mistake, my mouth was on fire.

2 Likes

Somebody has been struck off my Christmas card list !

1 Like

I hate spicy. Once I pinched someone’s what I thought was a chocolate covered nut but was actually wasabi and spat it across the room.The other people in the restaurant were not impressed.

2 Likes

It is a line from the 1984 film, Dune. Loved that film.

The Spice Melange , commonly referred to simply as 'the spice’ , was a naturally produced awareness spectrum narcotic that formed a fundamental block of commerce and technological development in the known universe for millennia

Best film ever
One would think a Mango Salad would be cool and refreshing. You never enjoyed it then?

Meanie :grinning:

I definitely stay away from Wasabi, and Horseradish :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Ooops Dune …what have been missing :wink:

Everything has chilli in it now, doesn’t it?

Sometimes I think it’s a lazy way to pimp up dull food and cheap ingredients

I’ve had very hot curries but the hottest thing I ate by accident was wasabi when it was served up with some sushi, nearly blew my head off!

3 Likes

@Bretrick To this day I don’t know it’s name but it nearly blew my head off. Many years ago as a youth, I was dating a girl of Caribbean descent who took me back to meet her family. They fed me summat that I swear was dynamite based, but I should have guessed cos swapping spit with Verita was definitely a very spicey adventure :astonished: .

1 Like

Or it’s salted. What is it with all this salted caramel stuff eh? I like my salt on the table to add if I so wish, not already in whatever it is I’m about to eat.

2 Likes

Swapping Spit. Which is why I do not kiss these days. Swapping Spit. :laughing:

1 Like