What’s the spiciest thing you’ve ever eaten?

So much.
This fellow for starters.
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen of House Harkonnen
)

Bondage !

1 Like

A word of freindly advice if I may?

If you’re going for the mega hot Vesuvius option on the menu then a glass of water isn’t really going to help.

Yoghurt is highly recommended although I hate the stuff… I’d rather burn

Some proper ice cream works a treat… Mackie’s vanilla in a little bowl on the side when I’m at home… instant relief, almost!

2 Likes

Way, Waaaay, back when I thought I was Jack The Lad. I went to our local Indian Restaurant and ordered a dish that the staff advised me, was not for the western palate. Ended up wishing I had the sense to listen, as it was too hot to taste, and left me with serious mouth burn.
I have always liked mildly spicy food, but with some dishes you can’t taste the food for the spice. Can’t stand even mildly hot spices any more.

2 Likes

Wasabi is :hot_face: hot!

1 Like

And what sort of person would cover it with chocolate ???

2 Likes

A very macabre person indeed!

3 Likes

Some dishes are so spicy it detracts from the enjoyment of the food in my opinion. :slightly_smiling_face:

Too hot for me to even try. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I grew up in a mixed heritage family. Once side added spices and herbs, the other added too much salt. I preferred the spices and herbs.

I’ve just made a killer bargain yesterday at my local Morrisons. Daughter and I wanted to update our Spices and Herbs door rack.

We’d check the empties style set on Amazon but it was overpriced. No, spices of herbs not included so not a great purchase at all. In Morrisons, they had the style of bottles we like (just missing Cayenne Pepper and Chili Flakes to get)

There was a special 2 for 2. So, 12 new bottles came to £6. Woohoo! Pic below.

My favourite spicy food is Mexican food… The restaurant we visited for a year was called the Copperhead! I added them Jalapenos to everything lol!

After trying the newly opened Taco Bell (which had no flavour or spiciness at all) I made Tacos from an Old Elpaso kit last night. Hot Cha Cha!

Dessert was 3 scoops of ice cream to cool the flames down!

1 Like

Mexican food is great. I also like Indian food. Lamb stuffed Parathas are a particular favourite.

1 Like

Tonight or ever?

Ever over your whole life :slightly_smiling_face:

OK, late 70s Winson Green, curry house, starter platter, some sort of pickle, was being cocky, regretted it.

2 Likes

One has to try new stuff. Teaches us what to avoid in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

Quite so. till the future gets closer. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Oops don’t know Parathas. That’s a new Indian food to me.

Due to severe food allergies, they’re some Indian food I can’t touch with a 10 foot pole :upside_down_face: However, when it comes to lamb, my favourite are Donair kebabs with a delicious Turkish sauce and salads. Yummy!

My local has a munchy box with spicy chicken wings I can never get enough of!

Daughter and I are trying to find a local takeaway which would offer “Shawarma” either chicken or beef these days. Watching Moe Sargi in YouTube tucking in these wraps makes our mouths water lol!

We’re always trying foods from other countries as honestly you can discover some amazing flavours. Back in my old working/travelling days, there was a restaurant that served international buffets. A different country every fortnight. Damn those were a fantastic taste experience and so low priced but hey twas the 80s :crazy_face:

Thankyou, I didn’t think of that, they had some on the menu

Somehow it got up my nose and burned there too, made me cry!

Look , I found a photo of the hot stuff, it’s that blob of green, it just looks like some sort of innocent sauce, doesn’t it?

1 Like

It looks utterly benign and harmless…I gather it’s not!
What is it Maree, I think I might like to try some?

1 Like

I love wasabi. But not the entire thing in one bite. I hope you didn’t eat the ginger all in one go as well. That would have been a double whammy.

1 Like

Paratha is a flaky flat bread common in Paratha is a flatbread native to South Asia, prevalent throughout India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Maldives, Afghanistan, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore and many other nations.

1 Like