What’s the most boring sport, and what would you do to make it more exciting?

American football, known as Tart’s Rugby in the UK. (No offence to any tarts who may be reading).

It’s not the game itself that is boring, it’s all the stoppages.

Seven seconds of play, cut to a TV commercial.
Nine seconds of play, change half the team because you’re now defending instead of attacking.
Five seconds of play, swap the other half of the team.
Twelve seconds of play, bring on a completely different player just to kick the ball, then take them off again.
Fifteen minutes, stop again for the players to have a nap because, “they’re tired”. Repeat and rinse three more times.

… and why oh why is a touchdown called a touchdown, when the ball isn’t actually touched down?

Then there’s test cricket. Six days and it can still end in a draw.

1 Like

I find all sports boring. Groups of people, involved with balls or wheels, wear silly clothes, plaster their surroundings and their silly clothes with advertisements, try not to look stupid in a helmet with more advertisements on it, perform an invented something that is (and will always be) pointless and unnecessary in front of crowds and cameras, and get mindless amounts of money for doing it all. Because sport is all about totally manufactured and time-wasting rituals, it results in nothing important, and has a jolly high turnover in public yawns, and channel-changing!

1 Like

I’m with you on this.

Unfortunately two of my three kids were sports mad so the weekend was a logistical nightmare getting them to and from their games, my daughter played netball and soccer while my son played rugby league and AFL.

You could bet that their games would be at opposite ends of the Illawarra. I was glad when he took up surfing because he could take the bus or train.

My cousin does marathons. Is that a sport? Anyway his results are for charity.

1 Like

Sports were allegedly invented to stop wars, or stop insurrections.

“I shall invade your country unless you, beat me at Tiddlywinks!”

Now there’s an action sport!

water polo breathless and clotheless??

1 Like

If you wear not very much clothing, if that clothing is trying to sell you something, if you get exhausted and sweaty and a whole crowd of people cheer you on, then it might, one day, be accepted as a sport.

1 Like

Darts and Snooker became “Sports” when a person could earn big bucks doing it, then, the TV companies slapped these events on the “Sports” channel because they did not want to create a separate “Games” channel.

Apparently the Darts Association (or whatever they are called) banned drinking during competitions after this sketch

2 Likes

That wasn’t very sporting of the Association!!

tennis… i cant watch… i have no idea why but i bores the pants off me
i do have a solution… strip-tennis… if you drop a point you lose an item of clothing
mixed doubles might get exciting…

3 Likes

I’m up for that Crabby…“New Balls!”
:astonished:

My goodness…imagine how much you’d have to pay for Public Liability Insurance :hushed:

1 Like

Would the premiums be Net or Gross?
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Oh, they would have to be gross … with performance bonuses, and growth bonus too :flushed:

3 Likes

can you even imagine certain players leaping over the net when they win…oops… new balls please

3 Likes

The excitement of wrestling was vastly improved by only having only nubile female competitors competing naked in a large plastic tub filled with mud or jelly.

1 Like

yes I love to see them all bouncing about!!

1 Like

Football. Twenty two men running around chasing one ball. Give them a ball each and save all that wasted energy.

2 Likes

Football with out the crowd is very boring. Multi millionaires in the Premier League pass the ball sideways and backwards a million times and the average score line is 2-1. I would make it 7 a side on the full pitch. 4 quarters of 15 minutes each. Corners would be played by two attackers v Keeper and his one defender, a 10 second duration till every one else can rejoin. 9 subs allowed (in total) but only during rest breaks