What’s the most boring sport, and what would you do to make it more exciting?

My pick would be Tennis, then basketball, then soccer.
Basketball, 1 minute to go on the clock and it takes 5 minutes what with the stop start, stop start.
Soccer, 90 minutes, no score, players diving, feigning injury, effectively cheating.
Tennis? Can not say anything positive about it.

2 Likes

All sports I don’t like are boring.Which includes most of them these days.Although the women’s football did re-kindle some interest.
I used to be a very avid football supporter and had a chance to see a lot of the UK following my team.Unfortunately most football grounds were in grimy backstreets.

1 Like

Definitely Soccer, the way to improve it is obvious, cut out the boring game, go straight to the penalty shoot out so the fans can get on with the fighting.

Easy as…

1 Like

Yep Football…
If you call yourself ‘Manchester United’ All the players should have been born in and around Manchester…Not bloody Brazil or Argentina…

3 Likes

female soccer has become more exciting recently??

1 Like

Darts… incredibly exciting :lying_face:
I’d love to have a go at the English longbow though, it’d be a case of getting back in the gym and hitting the weights working on those arm and shoulder muscles :muscle:

Oh, and as for making darts more exciting, don’t bother with any numerical form of scoring, just attach pictures of politicians and irritating so called celebrities to the board instead :dart:

4 Likes

It went to a ladies game at the end of the last season, Brighton v Man City.
I really was quite physical and pacey, none of the boring stop start nonsense.

1 Like

Mens soccer, should take a leaf from the ladies

5 Likes

Lawn bowls, like giant marbles….

All sports can be a bit boring but could be made more interesting played naked…….

2 Likes

Snooker, super boring. Maybe more interesting if the players were on pogo sticks.

2 Likes

There are a few. 1. Rugby, an excuse for a load of blokes to have a punch up. 2. Motor Racing, round and round making a god awful racket, with the same few people winning. 3. Athletics, full of cheats and drugs. Must be more! :laughing:

1 Like

Horse racing…exists purely for the betting industry.
Not sure it can ever be made exciting!

3 Likes

Has nobody mentioned cricket?

5 Likes

The only sport I watch is F1 and even that is a bit boring these days with Verstappen always on top.

4 Likes

Zzzzz…Zzzzzz :wink:

2 Likes

Me Janet, Cricket, Tennis.

1 Like

Cricket would get my pick as well. I don’t know how you could make it more exciting.

1 Like

Basketball. With loads of guys so tall, that they can more or less touch the hoop, it’s hardly a challenge. Make a rule that no player can be more than 5ft 4ins,(my height!), and then we might see a more competitive game, rather than the one played by giants! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

All sports will be boring if you aren’t interested in it, my dad loved horse racing, and, as much as I tried I could never get into it, I love f1, yes, to those that don’t follow it it can appear boring, but, understanding a sport makes a huge difference to your liking it…

2 Likes

I think all and any sport can be made more interesting if it was played for the challenge, the skill and the competition. NOT THE MONEY

3 Likes