What’s the most boring sport, and what would you do to make it more exciting?

The reason no one has mentioned cricket is because Test Cricket is one of the most exciting and skilfull sports going around.
How could it not be exciting? 5 days pitting 2 sides against each other in a test of skill and stamina.
My pick for the most exciting sport. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Every sport has its quieter moments.

rball

1 Like

Duh… :golf: golf

2 Likes

My late father in law reckoned “A good walk spoilt”…
:golfing_man:

3 Likes

My dad played golf. I loved watching him play from the golf cart. Golf makes me think of him. I miss him every day.

3 Likes

Not to mention the danger of being hit by a 100mph hard object and the vagaries of the weather over five days.Conditions can alter from day to day.It’s a real cerebral and physical challenge for the players and that’s what makes it so interesting.

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah. Test cricket doesn’t have that swear word Duckworth-Lewis-Stern

I always fancied playing a round when I couldn’t run anymore Minx, but I’m too frightened of being shown up…
:thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, that system is so not good. Benefits the side batting second too much.

1 Like

Nonsense. It’s worth trying it out

Eeeek!

The only Duckworth you need to listen to.

2 Likes

Throw your mind back to the 1992 WC in Australia. SA vs England …

1 Like

Agreed. My Dad played golf too. The golf course is a peaceful place. I think it’s supposed to be boring. It’s not a fast paced game.

1 Like

That’s limited overs stuff ,I don’t bother with that. :grinning:

1 Like

This thread is asking for trouble, but it seems I am the only one to say football and suggest naked football to make me pay more attention. It could be extended to other sports. Imagine naked tennis and naked rugby. Although naked skiing might be pushing it a bit off piste.

2 Likes

I can direct you to site showing naked wrestling Annie, or at least that’s what I was told…
:blush:

3 Likes

Rugby is a game played by men with odd shaped balls…

1 Like

No matter the sport most women’s games would be vastly improved by having them wrestle in mud at the end.

1 Like