What’s the most boring sport, and what would you do to make it more exciting?

can you even imagine certain players leaping over the net when they win…oops… new balls please

3 Likes

The excitement of wrestling was vastly improved by only having only nubile female competitors competing naked in a large plastic tub filled with mud or jelly.

1 Like

yes I love to see them all bouncing about!!

1 Like

Football. Twenty two men running around chasing one ball. Give them a ball each and save all that wasted energy.

2 Likes

Football with out the crowd is very boring. Multi millionaires in the Premier League pass the ball sideways and backwards a million times and the average score line is 2-1. I would make it 7 a side on the full pitch. 4 quarters of 15 minutes each. Corners would be played by two attackers v Keeper and his one defender, a 10 second duration till every one else can rejoin. 9 subs allowed (in total) but only during rest breaks

Women have made soccer a much better game because of their different physique they play differently to men, it is far more interesting to watch plus you don’t get all that falling about in the goal areas. Soccer is definitely a women’s sport.

1 Like

Tennis is the only sport I have ever enjoyed playing or watching on TV.

The only way to make other sports more exciting to me is knowing some of the people who are playing the game and being part of the audience watching it live at the venue.

I never watch Cricket on TV but when my brother was playing in a team, I used to go along to help with the “afternoon tea” refreshments in the clubhouse.
In between my duties in the clubhouse kitchen, I often spent time on the veranda watching the game and getting really interested in it - and I did enjoy the hushed atmosphere of the cricket pitch and that lovely thwack of willow on leather.

2 Likes

Many years ago when working in conference display I spent most of a Friday night in a hotel in Sheffield setting up for a Silk Cut sponsored dominoes tournament.
My boss asked me if I wanted to hang around and watch the action the following day.
It was a toughie but after much wrestling with myself I decided to get the train home and tuck in to a couple of sandwiches and a four pack of Guinness from the buffet, on expenses of course :wink:

2 Likes

Without a shadow of a doubt, squash, two people hitting an invisible ball against a wall…I was once required to attend a match as a spectator, it was so boring I considered stabbing my eyes…

2 Likes

??? Are you sure you’re watching a sport? Squash is played with a rubber ball. I think most of the players can see it.

I can see why you’d be bored if you couldn’t see the ball.

1 Like

It was going to fast…it was too small…and the court was too far away

4 Likes

Kadabi… i would make it men against women…

1 Like

The only sport I enjoy watching on TV are Australian Rules Football and short versions of cricket - ie 1 day matches or 20:20 Big Bash matches.

1 Like

Formula One is getting very tedious. So all the drivers must pick out of a hat the car that they will drive for the next race…

Agree and good idea

2 Likes

They should have a Le Mans type start except that the drivers have to run one lap of the track and can take any car they like off the grid.

That should liven it up a bit.

2 Likes

I say bowling.

1 Like

A little sedentary. But a whole lot of skill involved.

Bowling isnt sedentary; apart from the actual bowling you do a lot of walking from one end to the other throughout the game

I agree it isnt fast paced and I wouldn’t recomend it as a spectator sport - but I do enjoy playing it.

I stand corrected. Not fast paced would be a better description.

1 Like