What’s something you really resent paying for?

It’s Vets4pets £75 for an appointment paid in advance, if a follow up appointment is needed £45
It’s almost impossible to change vets here .
Since covid and lockdown when many got a new pet vets lists are closed to new customers .

1 Like

In the old days if I had made a comment like that I would have been hung, drawn and quartered by the ladies on here…
What’s happened to the forum now?

1 Like

No such luck. Pay for ever and ever, no discounts for the bread winner.

Same here. I have never bought bottled water that I can remember.

We do not pay to pump up our tyres. That said, many petrol stations have the disconnected air hose inside the store and one needs to purchase something to use it.
There are quite a few that allow anyone to pump up there tyres, with the hose permanently connected.

Is that still happening? Any chance down the track that the fee will be removed or is too much money being made?

The absurd thing about that is that survey after survey has shown that people think the ABC is fair and reliable in its reporting. Judging by the number of ex ABC reporters now representing the Conservative side of politics you’d think it was a nursery for the coalition…

1 Like

News Released on Tuesday, Labour allocates $6 billion to the ABC, funding until 2027.
SBS allocated $1.6 billion.

I carry one of these wee machines in the boot, pop it onto the vaulve and flick the switch and it puts the air in for you. Had it for years and yes I paid £12 for it but I wouldn’t be without it now.

41nkuT9gj-L.AC

1 Like

Thanks Rox, I’ll check that feller out. :grinning:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=Ford+tyre+inflator+&_sacat=0

1 Like

TV license, after having it free for several years.

1 Like

I resent having paid for a paint sprayer. They are totally impractical. You spend more time and energy having to mask everything and then cleaning the dratted thing. Avoid!

1 Like

The sales people do not tell us about the downsides. Sometimes a roller is best. :slightly_smiling_face:

How come you had to start paying if it was free at one time?

1 Like

Thanks for the link Rox. I’m undecided about these at the moment, as I don’t do much driving, only local trips of a few miles. Interesting piece of equipment though! :smiley:

1 Like

Produce from other countries when we can supply our own.

2 Likes

Toll Road.

2 Likes

The powers that be say that “Free Trade” is good for all concerned.
I disagree, sure the farmers disagree as well. Flooding the Aussie market with cheap imports kills the local industry.

I have only ever used one toll road and that was in Malaysia. The North South Expressway.
Cost too much, we thought anyway. Back in the early 90s.

2 Likes

Our government decided pensioners would no longer get it for free unless they were in receipt of pension credit. I don’t get that.

1 Like

Governments waste so much money it is disgraceful. Then they get the little person to pay more and more. I would do away with all those scoundrels with their snouts in the trough. :rage:

1 Like

Hi

Boris’ legal fees for Partygate and alleged misleading of Parliament.

1 Like

The war in Ukraine…

They all have their snouts in the trough. Disgraceful people that they are.

War is a business with many people profiting from it.
It is the public who always pay, sadly.

1 Like