What’s something you really resent paying for?

I hate paying to park my car

1 Like

Everything.If I was in charge everything would be free.

2 Likes

I resent paying out for pretty much most things, especially when it comes to Car Tax, Fuel and servicing.

1 Like

I’m the same, it is unAustralian. I can understand it in the middle of a city like Sydney and Melbourne but Wollongong and Orange?? No wonder the shopping malls thrive with their free parking.

I always go somewhere else.

1 Like

Using public loos :rage:

3 Likes

Not something I do pay for. Therapy. Talking to someone else shouldn’t bankrupt you.

2 Likes

We have a shopping centre here in Perth that charges for parking now. Boom gates to get in an d out.
First 2 hours are free.

As far as I know, Perth only has one pay to use loo, at the Perth Train Station. Fifty cents I think.

1 Like

I recall being shocked that I had to pay to use the toilet when I was at Kings Cross station in London. I should have known better because my mother always referred to going to the toilet as “spending a penny” and I remember her surprise at Sydney’s Central Station when she found that the toilets were free.

Paying for the loo is something you never see here, I think there would be blood in the streets if people had to pay. Sydney Council installed a couple of very posh toilets near Hyde Park with a 50c fee but I think they ended up removing them after they fell into disrepair because no one used them (anyway they are gone now).

1 Like

Currently resent paying £8 for a bottle of Waitrose Olive Oil when it used to be £4.35!!

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-extra-virgin-olive-oil/034147-17095-17096

3 Likes

Car tax,Council rates,Parking,Toilets,RV licence,Water rates VAT.

1 Like

Technology taxation.

2 Likes
1 Like

I resent paying a standard charge on my gas and electric meters

2 Likes

Having to pay £75 for a veterinary appointment annoys me,
that’s just the appointment treatment and medication is extra .

It’s quite common and traditional to have to pay here, “spend a penny” !

The one at Paddington station used to be the worst, scrabbling to find a 20p after a long journey :open_mouth:. but that’s free now

A lot of tourist towns have loos where you have to tap your debit card at the barrier! :scream:

1 Like

I wanted someone to service my home air conditioner.
The company wanted $141 just to come and have a look, before any work was done.
I never engaged them. The cheek of some people.

Paying £55 in addition to Council Tax to have my green waste bin emptied - it used to be included and now it has to be paid for separately.

2 Likes

Council will get you every which way they can. They need more money to keep their bar flush with grog. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

1 Like

Do they grow in the UK?

Damn brexshiteers! I always planned to live in Spain for a few years - could have made my own there! (Tho I expect it is much cheaper there anyway!) :lol:

Change vets that’s outrageous .
Having said that I dread to take a deep breath at my vets in case they put it on the bill.

1 Like