What’s something you really resent paying for?

Traffic fines…

1 Like

Over priced diesel for my car.
Chiropractor, a lot for 10 minutes.
Vets bills, really disgusting.
TV Licence.
Council Service that used to be free.

1 Like

The old saying, Don’t do the crime if you don’t want a fine. :neutral_face:
That said, I turned against a red arrow and received a $300 fine and 3 demerit points. :frowning_face:

It amazes me that one needs a license for a TV. Never ever needed one in Australia

I think initially it was a good idea.You got public service broadcasting but not funded by the government .Unlike in Oz. And we all know how governments like to influence the media.In Oz the ABC usually gets a lot less when the Libs are in power :grinning:

Over their time in office, the Libs cut funding to the ABC by over $500 million if memory serves me correct.

1 Like

Paying to have sex with Mrs Fox… :roll_eyes:
You’d think after fifty years of marriage I would get a discount now…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Water in plastic bottles .

2 Likes

Putting air into your car tyres. Our local Asda used to charge 20p, then all of a sudden it’s 50p So the cost of air in the atmosphere has gone up has it!?? :rage: :rage:

1 Like

If she knew love, she would pay you foxy!

2 Likes

TV Licence.

2 Likes

It’s Vets4pets £75 for an appointment paid in advance, if a follow up appointment is needed £45
It’s almost impossible to change vets here .
Since covid and lockdown when many got a new pet vets lists are closed to new customers .

1 Like

In the old days if I had made a comment like that I would have been hung, drawn and quartered by the ladies on here…
What’s happened to the forum now?

1 Like

No such luck. Pay for ever and ever, no discounts for the bread winner.

Same here. I have never bought bottled water that I can remember.

We do not pay to pump up our tyres. That said, many petrol stations have the disconnected air hose inside the store and one needs to purchase something to use it.
There are quite a few that allow anyone to pump up there tyres, with the hose permanently connected.

Is that still happening? Any chance down the track that the fee will be removed or is too much money being made?

The absurd thing about that is that survey after survey has shown that people think the ABC is fair and reliable in its reporting. Judging by the number of ex ABC reporters now representing the Conservative side of politics you’d think it was a nursery for the coalition…

1 Like

News Released on Tuesday, Labour allocates $6 billion to the ABC, funding until 2027.
SBS allocated $1.6 billion.

I carry one of these wee machines in the boot, pop it onto the vaulve and flick the switch and it puts the air in for you. Had it for years and yes I paid £12 for it but I wouldn’t be without it now.

41nkuT9gj-L.AC

1 Like

Thanks Rox, I’ll check that feller out. :grinning:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=Ford+tyre+inflator+&_sacat=0

1 Like

TV license, after having it free for several years.

1 Like

I resent having paid for a paint sprayer. They are totally impractical. You spend more time and energy having to mask everything and then cleaning the dratted thing. Avoid!

1 Like