What’s on my easel today

Started a new portrait today
The first stage

11 Likes

I’m looking forward to the progression of your portrait, Muddy.

Your talent has been missed… :art:

1 Like

Thank you Mags haven’t done anything’s for ages .

Is this a self portrait Muddy? I’m.lookimg forward to seeing it progress too…we’ve missed you :slight_smile:

No summer it’s a young woman who is herself an artist but I thought she had a very interesting face .

2 Likes

And the blessed thing is still not dry and nor is my green horse so have started another reusing an old canvas .

7 Likes

Hi

Thanks for posting the pictures.

You have a truely remarkable taient.

1 Like

Very talented Muddy.

1 Like

Looking good, Muddy :+1:

1 Like

Stunning, Muddy. Looks almost finished as the first stage. Does that mean you painted that in one day?

1 Like

Thank you all you are very encouraging .:slightly_smiling_face:
Dachs yes I did that in a day I would like to finish it in a day - they call this alla prima - but I am not a bold or fast enough painter so I do in stages one at a time
Oil paint is lovely and it’s forgiving - if you make a mistake it’s possible to correct it while the paint is still wet but after a day or two you have to let it dry else the whole thing turns to mud .

2 Likes

Is there reason in this, the paintings are stunning.

Yes you can do wet on wet with oil paint ( alla prima ) in one or maybe two days .After that the paint starts to dry and get sticky and so won’t take more paint .
The new paint desolves the first stuff and it all mixes together and voila - mud .

Just keep the un-understandable coming Muddy, it’s beautiful.

1 Like

More horse

4 Likes

Love the flair of of the horse’s tail …. beautiful!

1 Like

Oh wow, they are brill!

Love the expression in the face, you’ve got a lot of empathy in your painting

1 Like

Agree, less so in her typing, I hope Muddy agrees!

I am a crap typer but not helped by my iPad . I switched the settings to another language so it would not auto correct when I write in Spanish . Disaster it changed everything into gobbledegook . I can do that by myself :rofl:

Mine and your’n gobbledegook is different Muddy for various reasons, the differential will never be sorted out by typing alone!