What’s a common experience for many people that you’ve never experienced?

Same here Minx, but there were hardly any cars when I went to school, especially for the working classes. I came from a rough area and was the smallest kid in the class. I suppose it’s where I learnt to run…
:running_man:

1 Like

I chose the rough Guys to mingle with, we had a reciprocal arrangement

1 Like

I have never really tried ‘Base jumping’ thought about it. Jumped off the kitchen table, parachute :parachute: never opened, so gave up that idea.

2 Likes

To be clear, it was a total of 5 kilometres per day… unless we were lucky enough to get a lift to school in the morning.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I already commented on this. Primary school for us about a few miles. Then secondary was six each miles each way. We had a school bus but mostly I went by bike. It was vey hilly in the farm where we lived.

2 Likes

Tough times but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I think that’s how I developed my love for hiking and the outdoors. I absolutely love it! You also walk every day Visitor.

2 Likes

I walked up the hills then. Miles. This was my dog then a hundred years ago.

Now we but it is more sociable but we still walk a lot. We miss Max but we now have a new joy.

4 Likes

:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

I can’t say I have ever seen yours :thinking::grin:

Nope, don’t think I have missed much either :face_vomiting:

1 Like

@Bretrick Not overly common, but something I wish for👉 I’ve never been invited to play the organ sited in The Royal Albert Hall and that’s one experience I would like to fulfil before the grim reaper knocks at my door.

1 Like

Any chance at all of that happening?

I must admit to being a bit shocked by some of the things people haven’t done/tried. Personally my life long attitude has been that I will try anything once (though I concede that is perhaps a step to far regarding a baby and a dog).

Never mind people, it’s not too late…

3 Likes

So have you driven at 100 miles an hour down the motor way or spent the night in the cells? Just because it’s something you would do ‘once’ doesn’t make it right or even fun. Each to there own.

Actually I have driven over 100mph down a motorway and even the A20 on my BSA A10 in the days when it was quite legal to do so and, with the invincibility of youth, enjoyed it very much.

I haven’t spent a night in the cells however, hardly a voluntary opportunity is it?

2 Likes

I doubt it, but I can always live in hope and stranger things do happen in this life :wink:

1 Like

Yes, both !

Yep Smiley…Perhaps not his majesties pleasure but 100 mph down the motorway (I thought everybody has) quite often…Sometimes a couriers work is time sensitive.
:truck:

In earlier life I had the XJV12. In quiet traffic you could a ton forty. Not cheap !! But more traffic, that 70mph limit, and no more fun…:frowning:

1 Like

Haha. I don’t feel I’ve missed out by not living near take-away food shops!
If I want to eat Indian food, I have to cook it at home or drive out to a lovely Indian restaurant about 20 miles away. Once I get to the restaurant, I would rather eat a hot, freshly cooked meal there, rather than take it home in little foil containers.
A few weeks travelling in different parts of India every few years is an even better way of sampling their different regional dishes. :yum: