What Products Do You Wash

Your clothes and bedding in?

I’m looking to change mine as I’m sure I’m sensitive to the product I’ve started to use, I itch a lot…or maybe it’s the fabric softener causing this?

Can you recommend a good one also a fabric softener?

Do you also use those pods?..

Whatever is on offer but I had a strange experience yesterday at the hospital. I was chatting to a staff nurse and mentioned that I am quite vain and even when I looked and felt like death warmed up with my last bout of cancer I was always clean and tidy, hair washed etc.
She said I noticed that I thanked her but she said I meant your smell to which I replied it was just a bog standard deodorant, no she said I meant your clothes smell nice.
As a chat up line I don’t think it can be beat. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Indeed, young ladies still smelling your clothes, eh? :rofl: You’ve still got it!

2 Likes

Both of us here have easily irritated skin and for some years at the recommendation of a doctor, I stopped using any type of fabric conditioner about 8 yrs ago. Since then we have been itch free :+1:

1 Like

I like Ecover, the concentrated non bio one. I buy an enormous one and decant it into a smaller bottle, saves on plastic

Same with their fabric conditioner, which is nice, but if you’re feeling itchy perhaps don’t use fabric conditioner and make sure you dry outside

My tip, though, if your bedding makes you itchy, is to do an extra rinse. Some washing machines don’t rinse enough and leave too much product in

1 Like

Didn’t we just have a thread like this? I think we have at least 5 washing powder threads since I joined the forum. I use Ecover because it is very gentle on the skin & smells lovely and delicate. They do a fabric softener too.

Those persil pods are revolting. People smell of washing powder wherever they go. Leaves an acrid smell in your house when you have guests who use it. Smells like paint stripper masked with air freshener. Also they irritate my skin. The only good thing is that they are so easy to use.

1 Like

I definitely concur on that point and I always press the extra rinse button as well as using the ‘sensitive’ option too on the control panel.

2 Likes

I’ve tried that Ecover,:tired_face:…left my laundry with a nasty odour, so I’ll pass on that one.

Has this type of thread been started before…who cares, I’m the one asking the question.

I use Almat (Tropical Lily) from Aldi, it’s a liquid.

2 Likes

Can’t stand Ecover,Maree, left my laundry with a nasty odour…

1 Like

Thanks,Susie, I’ll look that one up, I also like to look at the reviews,:+1:

Fairy Fabric Softener, it’s hypoallergenic and smells lovely. I buy the big bottle, it lasts ages.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve heard from my friend, about Fairy, apparently it’s very gentle, I haven’t tried that one yet!..:+1:

[quote="Maree,

My tip, though, if your bedding makes you itchy, is to do an extra rinse. Some washing machines don’t rinse enough and leave too much product in
[/quote]

Actually Maree…I think it’s to do with the user, some can put far to much powder ,liquid and softener into the washing machine…therefore leaving the poor machine unable to cope.:tired_face:

1 Like

A few years ago during Halloween evening, someone asked what fabric Softener we use, as we had the tumbler on & she could smell it from a distance. She said her softener was nowhere near that pleasant or strong. When we said it’s Aldi’s, she nearly chocked. As she used a big brand that cost more than twice what we pay & she said Aldi’s smelt nicer & stronger.

1 Like

I use areas own bio capsules and they are fine as I’ve never really been one for smelly things

1 Like

I’ve been using these, I find the non colour ones, bleach the clothes, the colour in them fades very quickly.

I think this is the cause of my itching…never used Heavenly Nectar before, it smell Devine though…plus I probably added far to much,

1 Like

Do you use those tumble dryer sheets?

They have a nice smell.

a friend of mine swears by a little squirt of washing up liquid instead, just enough to get a good foam up. She uses the example set by the ladies on the repair shop when they clean old teddies and says if it’s good enough for that …

Her house doesn’t smell too bad, so she might have a point

Do you mean to wash her clothes in?

A squirt of washing up liquid?

1 Like