What Products Do You Wash

Yes… .

1 Like

Does she squirt it into the washing machine?

Or does she wash everything by hand?

Many people still wash everything by hand…I’ve watched a woman who doesn’t have a w, machine, get in the bath and wash her clothes etc, with her feet.

I also concur on that point too. Our machine is a 10kg model and although I do fill it to around 10kg or just under, I only add the powder sufficient for a smaller 4.5kg load and the results are exactly the same as if I had used the right amount for a 9-10kg load. Although I do think its 1600RPM spin makes a difference to the good rinsing performance, where the previous machine was only 1200RPM :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

Non-bio Persil, been using that since I was a teen & Comfort, the blue one.

1 Like

She uses it in the machine and squirts a bit into the drawer at the right time. She also never goes above 30 degrees.

1 Like

No, just fabric softener.

1 Like

Recommend this…:heavy_check_mark:

How does the ecoegg Laundry Egg work?

The mineral pellets work together in the water to effectively draw dirt from clothing fibres and soften clothes by changing the pH, leaving your laundry clean and fresh without using traditional detergents. The mineral pellets in the ecoegg Laundry Egg are non-biological

• no petrochemicals
  • no enzymes
  • no bleaches
  • no phosphates
  • no parabens
  • no SLS/SLES
  • no palm oil
  • no microplastics
2 Likes

I make my own washing powder - and never use fabric softener.

1 Like

Care to share what you use and how you make it, ST?

Certainly - it is cruelty free as it is not tested on animals, completely fragrance free, and has the added advantage of not clogging up the washing machine pipeworks.

Laundry Detergent

1/2 cup cruelty-free baking soda,
1/2 bar of pure-castile bar soap,
1/2 cup cruelty free epsom salt,
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Spread a thin layer of baking soda on a baking sheet and heat for about one hour.
Grate the soap with a cheese or carrot grater.
Combine the soap, epsom salt, and washing soda in an airtight container (a Mason jar or Tupperware will work).
Shake well.

Makes 1½ cups detergent*
Your detergent is ready to go! Use 1 level tablespoonful per laundry load.

3 Likes

Also, don’t stuff your machine too full. The washing needs room to move around in the water to wash and rinse properly. I know it’s tempting to bung it all in and get it done in one go but it really is better to do two smaller loads

4 Likes

Soaking things for a while before giving them the agitation in the machine is a good idea too. I sometimes hit the pause button to stop it from continuing when the items are particularly soiled

2 Likes

I keep forgetting to buy Vanish, that’s a good stain remover, :+1:

Thanks for sharing that ST…I’m going to give that a go,:+1:

See how threads like this can help others,:+1:

1 Like

I have one, tried it but it’s not quite the same as washing powder and you still have to add fabric softener.