What Meat Are You Eating

On Christmas Day?

I bought a Turkey Crown today from Sainsbury’s, £20 it cost, I thought that was reasonable, or was I ripped off?

All depends on the size of the Crown, but sounds reasonable to me.

I won’t be having Turkey, we are having Chicken.

1 Like

Beef one day with lamb the next. Wats that, no pork? Nope, the little piggies are safe from all of the LongDrivers :ok_hand::+1: . No octopi either, poor creatures
[The world’s first octopus farm - should it go ahead? - BBC News] :disappointed_relieved:(The world's first octopus farm - should it go ahead? - BBC News)

1 Like

Turkey on Christmas Day, Gammon joint on St Stephen’s Day.

1 Like

Sounds about right if it’s a fresh one.

We are having a whole turkey for five of us on Xmas Day and then cold with salad and jacket spuds on boxing day. OH picks most of thr meat off then I boil up the carcase and make turkey soup with load of veg which I freeze.

1 Like

I never eat roast pork, but, I do eat pigs in blankets at Christmas time…

1 Like

I usually buy a turkey crown but this year as there are only two of us I went into Sainsburys and asked if I could have half a crown. He gave me two shillings and sixpence and told me to bugger off. Talk about lack of Christmas spirit this year!

3 Likes

:joy::sweat_smile::joy:

This is the one I got today, EZ, it’s Bootiful, it’s a Bernard’s Mathew one, only just noticed that!..:joy:

Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

1 Like

We will have beef. None of us are keen on turkey & we don’t have beef as often as chicken & lamb & we don’t like pork either.

I already bought 3kg of beef sausages and 1kg of Chorizo sausages (spicy beef and pork) as well as a dozen pork and a dozen lamb chops for the BBQ on Christmas Day. Gave up on roast dinners in mid summer years ago.

One job I have to do is check that the Vietnamese bakery is still open on Christmas Day because it was sold to a Chinese couple and I am not sure they will still do that. If not will have to get the rolls the day before.

My son will buy a few kilos of prawns on Christmas Eve (rather him than me, there is always a long queue for them at the fishmongers)

1 Like

212Spiral_L
Honey glazed ham. Yummy!

1 Like

I think I will go to Bruce’s house in Aussie Land and have the BQ and sunbathe.

2 Likes

We could share a plane - you can sunbathe while I eat all the prawns!

1 Like

I bought some sausage meat as well, so, will be making some sausage rolls with that, still trying to decide what pastry to make,:thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Turkey Madras.

1 Like

I love home made sausage rolls - usually make mine with short crust pastry!

1 Like

I bought a turkey crown too…

I’m just laughing now anyone remember that Royal family episode where Caroline Aherne blamed her disastrous Christmas lunch on the fact her husband bought a turkey with only two legs and she had three guests request a leg…made me laugh…anyway sorry off topic…we will be having turkey and beef…and nut roast as my daughter is vegetarian. Son in law is cooking.

1 Like

One meat I will not be eating is snake. The incredibly barbaric Chinese and Koreans skin them alive and then serve the poor creatures up alive and still wriggling in agony on the diners plate :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I love them as well ,ST, with baked beans, I too usually use my own shortcrust pastry, this year I’m going to try flaky pastry…may post a pic once made and cooked.:smiley:

1 Like

Have you tried Turkey Madras burgers?