What Meat Are You Eating

There will be just three of us and one is 90 odd and a bit demented. We’re not bothering with much of a main course: broccoli, cheese, parma ham.

We’ll be having salads and canapes to start, puddings, cakes and stuff after. We won’t go hungry.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with cooked snake, just not a lot of meat.

How about some Christmas toad?

1 Like

We’ve been invited out to eldest son’s house so I’ve no idea, but assume it’ll be a turkey roast … although they do love to surprise so who knows. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you - but I’ll give that a miss - reminds me too much of barmy Boris!

Smoked salmon today.

1 Like

That sounds great Bruce, but a bit too cold here for a BBQ so I think it will be sirloin steaks here!

:roll_eyes: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Chicken in a tikka Marsala sauce at a local Indian restaurant. Don’t know about the next day yet.

1 Like

Hi

A two bird stuffed roast from Lidl, skinny chicken sausage, injected with Glayva and all the trimmings.

I will also have 3 large homemade herby Yorkies.

All of which will give me terrible wind, but living on your own, that is not a problem.

1 Like

All change now to the above, our son has just called to say he’s tested positive for covid and although no symptoms of illness he has to isolate for a few days so has cancelled our visit.

Luckily though we have a leg of lamb in the freezer so that will be our xmas dinner, just have to pop out for some veg tomorrow and we are all sorted…:+1:

2 Likes

@Barry - sorry to hear that, Barry, and hope your son and his family will be OK.

1 Like

No, but what a thought, bit like a Shami Kebab with implications further down the line.

All the best laid plans and all that… unfortunately… home alone with Covid :frowning:

2 Likes

:hugs: I hope you’ll soon recover Summer.

ATM Hot links :smiley:

Get well soon Summer!

1 Like

Last night we had venison stew with roast potatoes.

1 Like

Crown…lasted until Boxing Day buffet but my wife’s not into chips & the cold meats & pickles/cheese. I should have married my mother. she said that. We did have bubble&squeak and some turkey remains. Plus my pickled walnut as kind of a tribute to old times.

1 Like

Prawns… Sorry, shrimps anyone?

2 Likes

Those look delicious