What made you say F*** today

Waking up late to a dark cold and foggy morning and having to put on me shorts and do two miles down the frosty deserted lane. On the upside…The mud was frozen solid so no need to clean the running shoes when I got home.

Waking up to no heating or hot water this morning. Minus 8 overnight and minus 1 just now. Too chittery to actively swear but I’m thinking it, believe me! :cold_face:

1 Like

I’m not surprised that your thinking it, hope you get the heating/water sorted :+1:

1 Like

On the plus side, at least you’ll only be paying the standing charge today.

1 Like

hah! This does not make me feel any warmer… :smiley:

Can imagine it. Can’t recall if you rent or own, but has a repair been booked?

It’s at times like these that one wishes that one had actually got around to ordering electric blankets/throws etc.

A repair has been booked yes, but I think I’m quite far down in the day to get it looked at. Meanwhile I am layered up, have an Oodie on, throws and the kettle is nearby so its all good. I have the dehumidifier on as well to take the chill off the air.

Driving to the forest at 10.30 this morning on a road like an icerink. It was minus 7… :cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face:

Having to clear a very large area before I could get my car out.

Nothing made Me say F— today…so far. :laughing:

Aww Ye poor wee thing Pixie…hope it gets sorted soon,
:hugs:

1 Like

Thanks May. Still waiting, so I am, and that’s been since 9am. :roll_eyes: Still, they’ll get here when they get here…I’m sure there are folk worse off than me.

1 Like

Feel for you Pixie it’s horrid being cold

Why do boilers choose to go wrong during cold weather , so frustrating. I so hope it’s mended soon for you

1 Like

Thank you Susan, the engineer just left a moment ago, having fixed the issue. So now I have heat, which is gratefully received, and long may it continue! The poor man was so busy today, and he is on call tonight as well so he’s in it for the long haul, he says! :smiley: I made him some tea as a thank you.

3 Likes

Great news Pixie it’s lovely to be warm and safe

My poor friend has a 21 year old boiler , went wrong again and a gas engineer came out same day ( local chap ) and fixed it saying its only temporary and didn’t charge her and blow me it’s gone again 5 days later , so she is going to have to buy a new boiler. She’s got electric heaters but no hot water .

1 Like

Aww Susan, that’s quite a horrible situation for her, poor woman. Such a bad time of year for things like this to happen as well. I hope she gets something sorted out quite quickly (and reasonably priced too), this is not the time to be going without. It was kind of the engineer to fix it for free though. I like it when people are goodhearted like that :blush:

1 Like

Not a lot fazes me. The slippery ice maybe is a bit of a hazard but I have good boots sure footed dogs.

PK, I’m glad you got your heating fixed…:slight_smile:

1 Like

I read yesterday that the latest advice for walking on slippery pavements, is to walk like a penguin! Living on a hill, as I do, I think this is a very bad idea :joy: I agree with you Besoeker, good boots are a must-have!

Yes, these boots are for walking. I’d wear them to bed if the boss would let me…

1 Like

yes it was Freezing to day

1 Like