What is your Spirit Animal?

I’ve had a look at the link. Meercats out of stock then are they?

1 Like

Most probably as the original sculptor is no longer with us and our last visit was many years ago. There are other fine sculptors/potters out there and I’m sure a quick on-line search will find some for you.

@LongDriver. I am a bonsai gardener and Walford Mill would probably clash with the Chinese theme I am nurturing.

2 Likes

Joking aside, for anyone genuinly interested in learning about their spiritual power animal guide, you could have a read about this man, Steven D, Farmer.

To my knowledge, we can’t choose our power animal, it’s the other way round - they choose us.

2 Likes

As a matter of interest (and a tiny hijack) the latest series of Meerkat Manor is currently running on Channel 5, 6:30pm.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that @Percy_Vere , thanks :+1:

Who doesn’t love the red panda?

1 Like

Snow leopards :wink: well they do, to eat that is :grin:

1 Like

I just did a quiz online and apparently my spirit animal is a deer.

I’m watching it on catch up. I love the Meerkats

Sorry to go off topic but this could be an emergency Advantage_Out.

I have got my son-in-law a bonsai tree for Christmas and it’s being delivered tomorrow

I just need to keep it alive until Christmas Day, but given my track record with plants that’s going to be difficult

Any tips as to how I can nurture it for 9days without destroying it?

1 Like

“Any tips as to how I can nurture it for 9days without destroying it?”

I think I probably can, yes. Let’s see now. You should tell me if you are living in the northern hemisphere and what sort of tree it is, elm, ficus, pine, etc. I am assuming it is a small tree so if the soil seems dry (really dry) then fill a container large enough with room-temp water, and lower the tree into it up to the level where the soil ends and the trunk begins. Wait until all of the bubbles have all gone out of it then lift it up to drip the excessive water completely. Place it onto and saucer, plate, whatever and put it in a room where the temps are suitable to the species and your hemisphere. If you supply me with that info I’ll tell you what is most appropriate. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you so much for that, it’s coming by post and I’m a bit worried about it

I’m in the U.K. and it’s a “ Flowering Oriental Tea Tree (Carmona microphylla) Twisty Indoor Bonsai - Standard Size 8 years old” The temperature outside is 9 deg C and I usually keep the flat a 21 deg C

Sorry again for the off topic but it’s arriving today and this is a bonsai crisis!

1 Like

I’m a pussy cat.

(most of the time)

1 Like

Maybe a dragon… :slightly_smiling_face: I have been known to breathe fire :grinning:
…but mainly although I don’t have any welsh blood as far as I am aware I have an affinity to Wales. Whenever I am there its beauty casts a spell on me and brings and air of calm and delight , I think a Welsh Dragon must have crossed my path at some time … :icon_cool:

1 Like

Fukien tea: A very popular subject for bonsai. Yes, it should be indoors during the winter. After you’ve watered and dripped the excess put it on whatever you’ve got to catch any water that might be left. Place it where it will get indirect light during the daylight hours … definitely not in direct sunlight. If the soil gets really dry (depending upon the size of the tree and the pot) you can repeat the process within the 9 days but don’t bother unless it’s dry-dry. I think you’re ready to take over now! :+1:

1 Like

You’re a gentleman and a scholar, many thanks, I’ll do just that xxxxx :+1:

1 Like

This last series finished last night - 13 episodes in all.

1 Like

You are very welcome. :grinning: