What Is Your Love Affair With, Or Has Been?

I am not talking about a member of the opposite sex here… l am talking about something you cannot resist. It could be…

A hobby?
Certain foods?
Your family?
Animals of some sort?
Clothes?
Shoes?
Countries you have visited?
A brand of cars, motorbikes, trains, ships…
In fact, anything that you really adore…

Mine are classic cars, aeroplanes, trains and motorbikes from days gone by… Oh and poodles!

What are yours?

3 Likes

One of my early boyfriend’s was very well endowed down below Even now over 30 years later I still love to think back about it

4 Likes

Yes, when I was sixteen I was obsessed with motorbikes. I’m not really interested in them anymore, but I still think some of the old British bikes are truly beautiful things.

4 Likes

Hobbies.
Countries I have visited
The animal

3 Likes

Putting aside family and friends, my big love was/is Audio/Home Cinema equipment.
I started off with one of those record players that had an inbuilt amp and speaker. You could load it up with numerous records and it would auto play.
I moved from that to a Bush separates system.
As I earned money I got the update bug and started to buy better and more expensive equipment.
Then the music scene moved away from records to digital media. I stopped upgrading as family came along and the money went on providing for them.
My listening habits changed over the years to the situation I have know. That is all my music is streamed via my iPad and I listen through a decent part of headphones.
When I got disposable income again I’d moved on to home cinema. Started with a Sony cinema in a box system and upgraded over the years to a separates system. Overtime I realised that the room was overcrowded with speakers. So now I have a Sonos Arc sound bar and rear speakers. Less clutter (the speakers are wireless) and great sound.
I think I have reached a position I’m happy with. But I still dream of having the money to have a dedicated cinema room complete with projector.
Sorry went on a bit there. :grinning:

2 Likes

Back in 1975 whilst in my last year at school I attended a day release course at Tec Collage. It was to prepare us for work & & there were a few options. I know one was car mechanics & I took the building course. During the electrical section, one of the lecturers was talking about how electronics could be a hobby, as well as a trade & started to talk about radio & asked if anyone was interested.

I had already started listening. Those wonderful place names on old radio sets, had started me listening for different stations. He took us into a back room & showed us what I would now call a shack. It was a room full of old radio equipment. He picked up a microphone, put out a call & when someone answered said who he was & asked if they would talk to us.

I spoke to some who was on a navel vessel mid Atlantic.

That was my introduction to amateur radio. I am now a licenced radio amateur myself & love returning what he gave to me. I have operated stations for the Scouts, the boys brigade, the guides, a couple of museums, in a lighthouse, a windmill,a nuclear bunker & with a wire antenna hanging off a bloodhound missile.

I have spoken to the guys on the ISS, to a USAF member who was on a rest period, whilst on active service in a war zone. I have spoken to someone who was Maritime mobile off the coast of Australia & to the station on HMS Belfast in the Thames. To people driving across the Sahara.

I love operating using a kite lifted antenna & have a 6 foot wingspan Cody Kite.

American Samuel Franklin Cody came to the UK as a Colonel, as part of a Wild West Show & become one of the UK’s first aviators. He pioneered man lifting kites & on the 16th October 1908, he achieved the first powered flight in Britain.

Samuel Cody a direct descendent of TV’s John Simpson.

1 Like

Is that Buffalo Bill Cody or a relative ?

1 Like

Cuddly toys, or more precisely Charlie Bears, dragons & Jellycats.

3 Likes

Mel you’re hilarious, this did make me laugh!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ve a stash of memories in my head of my naughty days, but that’s where they’re staying! :joy:

1 Like

Gosh, and I just go for cuddly toys …always have … I haven’t really lived have I. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

It was like the Eiffel tower

1 Like

Have the best of both worlds and get yourself a well endowed Teddy Bear. :teddy_bear:

You’ll have to use your imagination with the emoji, it was all they had. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Made of metal? Wow.

1 Like

I’m afraid my Snoopy would be jealous.

2 Likes

Perhaps she just means it was famous.

1 Like

Ah, yes, so a night out with Blackpool Tower would seem a bit of a letdown then.

1 Like

No, it would be better, it’s got the ballroom. :thinking:

2 Likes

oooh you lot are sooooh naughty lolol

2 Likes

It’s Harbal … don’t let him lead you astray.

1 Like

That’s a bit TOO much information, Melgal :rofl:

4 Likes