What Is Your Love Affair With, Or Has Been?

It was too much in many ways back then Percy.lolol

3 Likes

Now I’m in my twilight years, it’s music, music and not forgetting music. When I’m not actually playing, its on the spinner or in my earphones plugged into the lappy.
I have pulsatile tinnitus, so silence actually drives me loopy, therefore music is loving therapy to my brain :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Plenty of olive oil and brace your self LMAO!!

1 Like

I can’t think of anything particular :wink:

realspeed, l thought your love affair was with cameras and photography?

Oh yes thats right thank you. You did say not anything to do with the opposite sex ,so that is 95% of my interests out the window

1 Like

My beloved doggies. The three of them are curled up in my heart. or what’s left of it after their passing.

5 Likes

You seem to be very fond of equipment, what about that?

Such a lovely way of putting it, @Maver-rik :hugs:

2 Likes

I think mine is (aside from creating things), is nature and space. I adore bleak windswept moorland, and desolate landscapes, running water, waterfalls, and just natural spaces in general.

3 Likes

Sorry to sound corny, but my main love was my children and bringing them up, I love being a mum

After that, without a doubt, books and reading, all my life and so much pleasure, plus a huge collection

And then the ocean, have always swum and loved just watching the waves roll in. Being near the sea feels like home

2 Likes

Nothing corny about being a mum at all!

I bet you are secretly a mermaid, btw :joy:

2 Likes

I have had love affairs with several things over the years. I’m a self confessed serial hobbyist, some of which endure, such as crafts, sewing and photography, some of which fall by the wayside, such as pottery, foreign languages and computing.

But I have a corner of my heart that will forever be reserved for Dalmatians. Our first dog was a Dalmatian, and she lived with us until she was 14 years old. She was scatty as hell, caused us so much trouble because all she wanted to do was escape and run off, leading us a merry dance trying to catch her before she ran into the road and caused an accident. And we could never, ever leave any food in her reach, because she’d eat it in seconds.
I remember my then 16 month old son learning how to open the fridge for the first time, to help himself to some orange squash. In the few minutes I took my eye off the ball, Bunty polished off half a pound of butter, a pound of sausages, a bowl of cream and half a dozen eggs, complete with shells and cardboard box. And my son drank about half a pint of undiluted orange squash :see_no_evil:
She really was a Royal PITA, but the gentlest, most loving creature you could wish to meet. There was a time my son, at 8 months old, pulled himself up holding onto her rigid bed, then let go suddenly and sat down hard on Bunty’s paw. The one that was bandaged up because she’d pulled a claw out the day before. She yelped in pain, and then hurriedly licked my son’s face as if to say ‘it’s ok I know you didn’t mean it.’
So every time I see a Dalmatian my heart melts. They just feel so very special to me :cupid:

3 Likes

Playing with my Dogs , saxophone playing, good weed, a good walk, pancakes, singing like nobody is listening…. cause nobody is😂, motorcycle riding, swimming in the ocean, a perfect cup of coffee, a meaningful smile, listening to the birds or my favourite ballad, being in harmony with my surroundings, being surrounded by nature………

An endless list.

2 Likes

Yes, I had a perfect cup today. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does there’s nothing better. You wish it could last forever. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve always been passionate about anything electrical especially electronics.None of this modern digital stuff though. And running, but you already knew that didn’t you…
A love of the beautiful wild places and the solitude it provides.

2 Likes

I love horses always will.

1 Like

That’s wasting good olive oil. Try coconut oil or KY Jelly instead :+1: :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s all fine and dandy if you have some to hand. Otherwise, olive oil can ease things into place, and during my earlish days, most people had olive oil in the kitchen

2 Likes

Yeah, but gently does it mind. :icon_biggrin:

2 Likes