What is your favourite red wine?

Ooooh! Get you! I drink mine from hand carved wooden tea cups. All my crockery is wooden.

Do you sniff, swirl and spit before you drink it?

1 Like

I always sniff wine to savour the aroma.
I don’t swill it around my mouth!

I like a wine glass with a long stem and l hold it at the stem.

I am sounding a right nightmare aren’t l? But l like what l like!!

1 Like

Can you define the different spices, floral accents, and fruity aftertaste that hits the back of the throat just so?

1 Like

Depending on the wine variety, l can usually taste chocolate, vanilla and berries in red wine.

2 Likes

Goodness no, I warm the wine with a little swirl in my hand, a deep sniff right back into my nose followed by an enormous gulp :grinning: I am a bit of a glugger

1 Like

You don’t burp do you!! Shock horror…

1 Like

Merlot is my favorite , Blossom Hill is OK about £6 a bottle for me anyways, but if I’m.invited out I’ll pay more for an upgrade

1 Like

Its wine, not whisky! :joy:

1 Like

You mean some don’t? :flushed:

2 Likes

And me, it’s a good drop of stuff,

2 Likes

I like Blossom Hill Rose wine. Very refreshing.

2 Likes

I would probably serve a Cabernet Sauvignon or Malbec with Steak (not that I ever eat steak but I like both those types of red wine)
Another full bodied red I sometimes serve with strong flavoured meats is Barolo, from Northern Italy - it also pairs well with the earthy flavours of Wild Mushrooms and Truffles in a risotto or pasta dish.

I also enjoy Spanish Reds, such as a Tempranillo Rioja.
There is so many low-cost but good quality, easy drinking Spanish Reds available now - that’s what I usually choose, unless I’m pushing the boat out for a special occasion.

2 Likes

I think the first red wine l ever tasted in the early 1970’s, was called Bulls Blood.
I don’t know if it still exists?

1 Like

On a loosely related subject…when was the last time any of you made a booze cruise trip to eg Calais? Friend of ours used to make one once per year from Newcastle upon Tyne and ran at a bit of a profit compared to buying booze in UK.

1 Like

As I only have a small amount with my evening meals I love using a champagne flute :lol: but for anything more, yes, a proper wine glass :smiley:

Btw have you ever noticed how if you’ve left a little bit of (good quality) wine in the glass overnight and then smell it the day after it smells intensely floral? The stronger/better it smells the better quality I find it is! (I think it could be something to do with the brix levels of the grapes used)

2 Likes

I worry more about the red colour of the empty glass and wonder what my insides look like!!

1 Like

I’m going to be really smug here and say that I always rinse out my cups after drinking some wine. :innocent:

1 Like

The only thing I know about wine is that it’s red, white,or rose, and you can get it sparkling, I like wine but rarely drink it, it goes straight to my head and end up wanting to sleep…

1 Like

Its the colour of one’s teeth that used to scare me.

1 Like

Usually blue!!

1 Like