What is your favourite red wine?

For all the red wine lovers, continuing the discussion from How do you like your steak?:

What’s your favourite red wine? :wine_glass: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

For some reason red wine gives me a terrible headache.

I love a sparkling white wine, which I haven’t had in ages…

If I have to much white wine, I start flirting,:sweat_smile:…so watch out Azz and especially Dex…I may be back later after a few,:joy::rofl::heartpulse::sparkling_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I occasionally buy red wine from Laithwaites when it’s at a good price.
I do like 19 Crimes red wine but l only buy it whilst it’s on offer.
I don’t drink every day, maybe one bottle per week… l value my liver!

I know white wine hasn’t been mentioned but my favourite is Chablis

1 Like

Why is it that if invited to go to eat with friends or friend come for a meal it is always a bottle or red wine that is taken as a " gift"? I just don’t understand, oh I prefer white wine if anyone wants to bring :wink:

1 Like

I adore Jam Shed red wine

jamshedwine.

or if I am feeling posh

montewine

I wouldn’t pay more than £10 for wine really…I don’t drink that much, so anything expensive is wasted on me!

1 Like

I prefer a white if pushed, but not a great wine drinker.

1 Like

My favourites are Cabernet Sauvignon followed by Merlot (both of those have been proven to be excellent antimicrobials!) followed by Bordeaux - tho I will try any red wine tbh, so long as it is not a screw top! :lol: I’m not fussed on screw top wine - it just doesn’t taste the same to me :confused:

talking about wine with a meal

The lord be praised
my belly raised
an inch above the table
and I’ll be damed
if I ain’t crammed
as full as i am able

Merlot for me when have a steak.

1 Like

I don’t drink read wine , it gives me head banging headaches
:worried:

2 Likes

That’s why l like Laithwaites wine. They rarely have a screw cap plus they are a nice quality.

Azz, I like the ones you mentioned but l also like a nice Rioja, Pinot Noir, Shiraz and Malbec.

1 Like

I can’t be bothered faffing around with a corked bottle. Wine drinking should be a sublime experience, not a fight! :joy:

1 Like

Pixie, Do you allow your red wine to ‘breathe’ or is that a faff too? :laughing:
You can feel the taste change as it mellows

1 Like

Wine breathing, what does that even mean? I unscrew the top, pour a glass, then sip. If it mellows by the time it reaches me, then that’s enough air for it to breathe. Given that a bottle lasts me a week, and I don’t put it in the fridge, I can’t honestly say that the taste changes from when I open it to when I finish it.

1 Like

Rarely ever drink nowadays. Just the occasional binge on gin when dining with friends, since it seems to contract my LES and thus mitigates my condition.

1 Like

Oooh, l think it does! You can definitely taste the difference.

I would love to have a cellar of fine wines and all the bottles are dusty!
Or…Maybe, not as l would be sneezing my head off!! :laughing:

1 Like

I have to say, the wine glass really matters to me. I like a glass that is suited to the red wine and the same with a glass suited to white wine.

1 Like

Haha! Ok…so define the perfect wine glass then. Does it even have to be a glass? Won’t a mug do?

1 Like

A mug? Get Lost… l’m not slumming it!! :laughing:

A red wine glass has a bigger bowl to accumulate aromas of more delicate red wines.

2 Likes

‘’ Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever’’ A Forum truism!
So it’s a Malbec for me if anyone is buying

1 Like