What is your experience of Tarot Cards?

Doing it…you cannot stop me!

“Will I be happy in my new place?”

8 Ball says - “As I see it, yes”

Works like a dream! :joy:

1 Like

I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole, nor would I ever play with a ouija board.

1 Like

Nor I - nasty evil things happen to those who do. Would not take part in a seance either as I do not believe in trying to recall the dead.

3 Likes

Ouija Boards are different…you are inviting the dark side with them :scream: Tarot cards are fairly open to your own interpretation, relevant to your circumstances (in my opinion)

3 Likes

Definitely better to try to stay this side of the Matrix if you want to remain sane.

1 Like

But I am just becoming accustomed to being totally crackers!

I always thought a pack of pRunes gave one the back door trots :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, they can be fun when some around the table are shall we say of the suggestable nature. Just steer the glass to the letters of your choice and watch the reactions :wink:

For some reason I would never have a pack of tarot cards in my house…:thinking::thinking:

I’ve always associated them with the occult.

1 Like

I am not aware of Runes, PK. Can you enlighten me, please?

Crowley was largely about exploiting gullible people. Those drawn to Crowley wanted an excuse to justify deviant sex & drug use.

Ouija boards work on the same principal as pendulums & table tipping. It is all about the subconscious & fine motor (ideomotor) response.

My granny used to read ordinary playing cards and tea leaves and taught me and later I learned Tarot and lots of the meanings are the same

It’s just a bit of fun really and the symbolism is a starting point your own intuition and thoughts I sometimes read them when I have something on my mind I need to think about and explore

And I do fun readings for friends and family, all the trappings, knocking three times, crossing my palm with silver, it’s all theatre

BUT you do have to be careful, much like the Ouiji board and seances vulnerable minds can become obsessed and scared. And there are plenty of fraudsters out there prepared to take peoples money

When I’m doing a fun reading I sneakily take out Death or the Ace of Spades without telling anyone.

Because people are superstitious about them and although they don’t always, or even usually, mean death in a reading people don’t believe it and get unnerved

Once when they were messing around doing a seance, my dad was lifting the table with his knees to move the glass. Nearly gave the woman next door a ruddy heart attack :rofl: Gran really let him have it when she found out

There are some really beautiful designs of Tarot cards

When the BBC did their 100 Greatest Britons thingy back in 2002, the British public voted him in at number 73, above Chaucer, Robert the Bruce and Sir Walter Raleigh

I always found that vaguely disturbing …:scream:

2 Likes

But surely, Tabby, nobody is all bad. Give the man a chance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Dangerous

1 Like

No matter what people on here say about Tarot or Ouiji. I will never mess with anything I don’t understand.

1 Like

I have everything you need to tell the future.

Actually they belonged to my first wife, personally the only decision maker I ever used was after reading “The Dice Man” when, if I couldn’t make up my mind between two choices, I would toss a dice or a coin. It seemed as good a way as any proved to be quite effective - still do it today on occasions.

BTW I haven’t read The Dice Man for about 50 years but I remember it as a really good book, I don’t know if it aged well.

1 Like

A man who tortured/raped animals for pleasure?
A man who locked his wife in a wardrobe while he had sex with another woman?
A man who wanted to be the devil?

Give him a chance? No way!!

He sounds like a bit of a lad. :slightly_smiling_face: