What is your experience of Tarot Cards?

When the BBC did their 100 Greatest Britons thingy back in 2002, the British public voted him in at number 73, above Chaucer, Robert the Bruce and Sir Walter Raleigh

I always found that vaguely disturbing …:scream:

2 Likes

But surely, Tabby, nobody is all bad. Give the man a chance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Dangerous

1 Like

No matter what people on here say about Tarot or Ouiji. I will never mess with anything I don’t understand.

1 Like

I have everything you need to tell the future.

Actually they belonged to my first wife, personally the only decision maker I ever used was after reading “The Dice Man” when, if I couldn’t make up my mind between two choices, I would toss a dice or a coin. It seemed as good a way as any proved to be quite effective - still do it today on occasions.

BTW I haven’t read The Dice Man for about 50 years but I remember it as a really good book, I don’t know if it aged well.

1 Like

A man who tortured/raped animals for pleasure?
A man who locked his wife in a wardrobe while he had sex with another woman?
A man who wanted to be the devil?

Give him a chance? No way!!

He sounds like a bit of a lad. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would not have a Ouija board in the house, and I know very little about table tipping either, but I would not put pendulums in the same category as these.

Pendulums, used properly and not messed about with for a laugh, can be interesting. I think sometimes these things can be influenced by the mind of the person using them. I also think they can be misinterpreted by the person who hasn’t a clue what they are doing.

Dowsing with rods is another thing that can useful and informative.

2 Likes

I’ve known about tarot cards since age 12. I’d lost my favourite tarot deck when I moved out in 1984.

Hubby bought me a magazine series titled “Body, Mind and Soul” which came weekly with supplies. The magazines were stolen during a move in the early 2000s.

Also received tarot decks as birthday gifts from family. I’ve 2 standard Ryder-Waite decks, I’ve an oracle angels deck, a beautiful one with the universe on back which daughter gave me for my birthday and the Animal Tarot Deck by Doreen Virtue

Secrets of Tarot is my current every day deck (my birthday gift)

I haven’t done any personal readings since 1989 when I retired from work.

I usually do a Yes/No one card pick for a quick answer for whenever and I do a 3 pile top card reading when I want further in-depth understanding of a situation.

When my emotions are in disarray I prefer to watch a Tarot reader in YouTube. Over the years I’ve come to appreciate their reveals and trust that my own mess won’t interfere with the predictions.

Lately, it’s Tarotscope readers. My favourite is Starseed 11:11 Tarot, Baba Jolie Guided Messages

Daughter’s a natural reader just as myself, she used to use my Angel Oracle and the learning Ryder-Waite decks. I bought her the Secrets of Tarot recently.

We’re hoping to get the very artful Kipper Deck later on this year.

I have several sets of Tarot Cards left over from my first wife.

There is also a book called “The Tarot Revealed” by Eden Gray

2 Likes

Did she leave in a hurry?

That magic 8 ball is a real collector’s item these days.

2 Likes

Oh yes, Tarot Revealed by Eden Gray was first published circa 1969. Papa let me read his copy in 1972. Sadly, this wonderful book disappeared after his death in 1974. I also lost the “Book of Shadows” which belonged to GG Margaret after the death of gramps Arthur in 1969.

I was named recipient of her book once I’d reached 21 years old bequeathed to me in his Last Will and Testament but two relatives were superstitious and destroyed all.

Sad, as the many herbal and plant medicines in her book were lost forever and what little I’d seen and read was amazing.

Cheers @Bruce

You’re correct @AnnieS not many are to be found in ordinary stores. Most likely speciality ones such as The Wyrd Shop on The Royal Mile in Edinburgh.

I’ve received a crystal ball which is still in my possession but I’ve never mastered its mysteries lol!

1 Like

I think it is a touch earlier than 1969 the book says 1960

As you can see it has been well used but it is complete.

Edit: Didn’t realise this is an old thread, have already posted photos of cards. sorry.

1 Like

Nah @Bruce it’s okay. I always search for my favourite subjects in these platforms and they’re usually dated a while back. As such I enjoy reviving oldies but goldies which at the end of the day are goodies too.

Cheers!:+1:

The regular playing cards came from the Minor Arcana of the otherwise 78 cards Tarot.

Diamonds used to be Coins.
Clubs used to be, erm…Clubs/Staffs.
Spades used to be Swords.
Hearts used to be Cups.

I gave the Tarot up when I was 16 and switched to the “I-Ching”. The results of the use of that would absolutely blow your minds, beyond belief, believe me. Once I’d learned to use the “I-Ching”, I could never have settled for the Tarot, again!

1 Like

Yes my grandmother used to read playing cards to tell a fortune. But you don’t have the fun of the major arcana.

1 Like

If you prefer to, you can shuffle just the Majors, anyway, so it’s worth familiarising yourself with them. Blow ups of them make great wall hangings. I use Ouija boards, though, myself, and those look great, on walls.

1 Like

@Ian_Haines if as you’ve said you use “Ouija Boards” don’t leave the planchette on it when you’re not playing. Make certain to open and close every sessions and finally, always have 3 white candles lit with one at least taller than the two people who are playing aka don’t play by yourself.

Just saying as I’ve learned how to respect that it isn’t a toy and I’ve seen too many friends get into ugly situations… Please be careful!

Blessed be!

Thanks, for that, Supe! :grinning:

I meant that, because they make great wall hangings, Ouija boards are what I use…for wall hangings! The planchette is taped to the back of them. I don’t use the OB, at all, for what it was originally intended. I have absolutely no faith in them, when used for that.

From SHE and HE and ME, to THEE, BB!

1 Like