What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?

Actually…thinking about it…I was invited to dinner in the South of France…the hostess had done her research and found out that we all loved ‘‘chicken giblet stew!’’

I looked into it…a neck…a face…chicken claws cramped up as though the bloody thing had been drowned in the stock…

I said ‘‘Thank you’’ and grabbed all the potatoes from around the side!!

That sounds totally disgusting!:smiley:

Believe me, Jem, it was a mistake I never made again!

Not quite as bad as some of the things mentioned, however at a nearby Japanese restaurant (sushi bar to be exact) one item on the menu is Miso soup which is not only delicious but they refill for free. The first time I tried it though it had cubes of tofu floating around. The server had fortunately stayed nearby to see if I liked the soup, and he laughed at my face when I found a cube of this soft gelatinous ‘stuff’ in my mouth and did not know what the heck to do with it. He offered me a serviette and told me to spit it out exclaiming that many people felt that way (including him) and assuring me that my refills would be sans tofu. I can honestly say I cannot recall feeling anything quite as revolting in my mouth before or since. Did not even taste of anything just felt disgusting.

Oh lord, baby camel???, olives??? Yuk.

I know I’ll get fried here but WHY do people love curry? I can’t stand the smell, it used to just emanate from people’s clothes, hair, pores back in Toronto when we lived there & had to take public transit! I used to almost gag. It was usually only East Indians, Pakistanis that would have this. I’m not being racist, just stating a fact.

Daughter no.1 has just returned from what seems to have been a fantastic conference/holiday in Korea. The’highlight ’ of the conference was a traditional banquet with dishes such as jellyfish in a spicy sauce, squid with caviar & chilli (which she described as akin to chewing a rubber tyre), but her limit was a dish of SILK WORMS. This was accompanied by music which included ‘Jingle bells’ and ‘land of hope and glory’ played on a Korean harp!

Apparently a favourite ‘street food’ was fried pig’s snout! She didn’t try any.

Eeeew, turtle soup & barbecued turtles! Pleeeze, I own a turtle, awwww poor Jody, don’t worry, mommy will protect you:lol:

Sounds like what they’d use in canned cat & dog food.

Fish and Chips from a chinese take away and octopus (like chewing rubber)

my mother in law’s cooked dinner…by God that was rough.

My mother in laws was the same…:cool:

Watch it, Wishbone, she may be one of the ones who comes in to read !:smiley:

not now she won’t ST…she passed away last year.

Squid in Malta. Actually, not my dish but OH’s, but he asked me to try it - the whole thing was served up, stuffed with something disgusting. He left it uneaten!

When I was young, Mum used to buy a sheep’s head and boil it - I could never face that, having seen it in the pan.

Cheap mince - I’m talking years ago now, but it had suspicious crunchy bits in it :shock:!

Now, the one which is going to bring the world down on my shoulders :smiley: - tea - no I know we don’t ‘eat’ it, but I can’t stand it. OK, if I had to be ‘polite’, I’d drink it, but IMO it’s 'orrible. (Runs to hide behind settee!)

Gwyn

Oooh I love my tea!! but then I don’t drink coffee so have to drink summat! But yeah, sheeps head, yuk, could never do that.

My mother in law took so long to cook a meal we didn’t eat there that often but was not nice when we did, I can sympathise wishbone.

Anyone ever tasted ‘‘Scottish’’ tea??

They put the pot on the heat add the tea…and then boil it furiously’’

It is called a ‘‘mash’’…

I have another word for it!!

Yes it’s strange about eggs. I like to have a couple poached & dip my toast in the yolk (sorry Zsa Zsa, don’t mean to make you squirm) & then when I’m almost finished I too don’t want to see them again for a long time, ha ha.

Funny thing about eggs, my son and I were only saying tne other day, we both can eat and thoroughly enjoy, say for instance, an omelette, but once finished all evidence has to be removed otherwise the sight/ smell makes us feel ill. Same with a ‘full English’, eat and get rid of evidence immediately. I love a ‘dippy’ fried egg but cannot eat the white, yet enjoy a boiled egg. ain’t we odd huh?

Rattle snake. The meat was ok, but I got very bored trying to scrape meat away from the tiny bones.

I can’t stand curry either! The smell, or the taste. Shuddering, thinking about it.:frowning: