What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?

Moussaka in a Manchester restaurant never again.

Tripe, i would rather eat a welly boot.

My Arab boss back then built up his multi-million dirham business on the back of hauling water for the drilling rigs 18 hours a day, 7 days a week in a rented truck until he could buy it, then another truck and so on lilac.

A man such as that in Arab States is widely respected by everyone so I suppose I just felt it was something he wanted to try on me to see how much respect I had for him.

Not so much ''How much of a man are you"; more ''Will you accept that from me, as a friend, knowing exactly what it is??" stevmk2

I’ve been to Saudi…they don’t eat them…

And I would never accept them as a ‘‘friend’’ having lived in several Muslim states…

They are not your ‘‘friend’’!!:wink:

When locking the pantries one night (small kitchens in a boarding school) I was putting the milk into the fridge when I noticed a plate of fudge and pinched a piece :mrgreen:.

Much to my disgust it turned out to be a kind of stock cube made out of rotting fish much loved by the Malaysian girls :shock:.

I was going to tell the girls I had pinched a piece of fudge, they thought it was hilarious when I told them .

Mmmm…rotting fish…

I could never eat jellied eels. Seems to be quite popular in London though.

I have looked at them…and asked myself ‘‘Is this something I would like to eat??’’

The answer was ‘‘NO!!!’’

Pig’s Trotters.

Strange do…pigs trotters…I have never ate them knowingly…but the french love them…I have looked…just seems like a load of sinews…fat…and unkempt pigs toenails…

Cowheel, anyone have that? I never did but my Dad used to like it, if it really was cowheel, that is!! :confused:

Cowheels ditto!!

Just seems like a load of sinews…fat…and unkempt cows toenails…

As a London lass I have to defend jellied eels, they are lovely with plenty of pepper and vinegar. Pigs trotters were always the basis of my mums pea and ham soup, fiddly things to eat though. Worst thing I have tried was whelks. My grandad used to love them.

Lol…Gaby…I once tried whelks…it was like trying to eat an innertube…

I never ate anything I didn’t like no matter where I was I’d make some excuse not to touch it, I’m not a good traveller and I never visited any Arabian Countries, otherwise I would have been beheaded years ago, sooner lose me head than eat eyeballs and camels guts.:lol:

The worst thing I ever ate was in Paris, had been dragged there on a school trip - we were given some disgusting sort of stew. I suspect it might have been an old horse.

Oh stew is very dodgy Silver, unless you are present when the ingredients are going in avoid it at all costs. That horse you ate could have won the Grand National and then sent off to France when he was just about to croak it, it might have been a toss up between the Bostik factory and the school stew.:lol:

Aubergine…:078:

God Pats…yes…it’s awful…no matter how they dress it up!!

Believe it or not the thing I loathe and detest are EGGS! There was a time when I had to leave the table whenever anyone else was eating an egg, boiled, fried, poached, scrambled or disguised as an omlette because the sight of them made me heave! Even now if I find a slice of hard boiled egg in a salad I’ll pick it out and leave it on the side of my plate,

My partner is exactly the same…so much so that he can’t even crack an egg into a bowl!