What is the most annoying noise you know?

The sound of people eating with their mouth open :worried:

3 Likes

Yeah, but it can be a visual thing too… horrible! Eating, talking and gulping with their mouths open.

Multi tasking isn’t always to be celebrated :wink:

1 Like

People who belch out loud :angry:

Whinging old people!

2 Likes

Oooh… get you ! :wink:

2 Likes

That’s why I always have the sound turned down when I’m reading the forum.

2 Likes

I have been known to do that in the past. As the years have gone by I have learnt that it is not polite so no more belching for me in public. :slightly_smiling_face:

Not pleasant for sure.

It is time we the people spoke up about this lack of respect for others peaceful enjoyment of the environment.
Why should we be subject to others loud conversations? :angry:

There is a a lot to winge about though. :slightly_smiling_face:

The whine of a dentists drill :scream:

4 Likes

Yes bloody dogs barking - aside from the other many problems these accursed creatures cause - & as someone carrying lifetime injuries because of them & their equallly useless irresponsible owners their barking infuriates me.

2 Likes

Dogs hate postmen and runners OldBloke, and I’ve been both…
Back in the fifties when I was a boy I only knew one family who owned a dog. Now I only know one family who don’t own a dog…Bring back licensing!

2 Likes

OGF, back in the day, when Dog custodianship was assumedly less prolific, I was frequently persued by wayward dogs snapping at my rotating pedaling feet. This ain’t happened for years, never see strays so, somethings changed.

2 Likes

I note only yesterday that the World Champion boxer Tzu? had to go into hospital to be treated after being attacked by a dog. Not sure if he will be able to be in the intended upcoming match after that. 3 deaths due bloody dogs in very recent days. This would not be tolerated from any other animal and this on top of the endless noise & distress they cause to so many people that I know.

2 Likes

People eating apples.
People chewing gum.
Agree with dentist drill.
Leaf blowers

1 Like

Those incredibly loud Motorcycles that make it impossible to hear to the person standing right beside you.

Hate loud background noise in pubs .
I go to have conversation not to have someone’s choice of lousy music blasting in my ears .

3 Likes

The headline in my local paper this week was about a little boy who had been attacked by a Staffordshire Bull terrier and suffered life changing injuries. These dogs should be illegal.

1 Like

Was the kid in the same household as the dog?

1 Like

Here’s this weeks headline Spitty…

This is bad, but I actually blame the dogs previous owners. Why did they not train the dog? Why did they sell it on to a family with a child in it? In my experience, and I have a lifetime of dog experience as my folks were breeders of huge OES, no dog is born bad. It’s the life experience the pup has once it leaves the litter. All pups need to be trained from day one, especially this type of breed. My Dageus is a lot bigger and heavier than this one and at 16 weeks he started 4 years of obedience training, he thrived on it and was a pleasure to work with. He worked hard and passed every test he was put through, each one harder than the one before. I think all owners need to go to a proper training class, especially first time owners. It’s hard work and a good evening out, and it’s amazing what you learn, handlers as well as the dogs.

2 Likes

We have a saying: “the last child will have fur…”

2 Likes