What is the most annoying noise you know?

For me it has to be crying babies

2 Likes

The sound of silence
followed by
The sound of silence being broken.

2 Likes

Farts, when no one will admit liability and I always sound guilty.

1 Like

A squealing tram

1 Like

Silence is broken

1 Like

Screaming kids in the Tesco…
Next doors dog…It’s a bloody nuisance…It stops me thinking about stuff…
:rage:

2 Likes

Very, very annoying. My neighbour has a medium sized dog that lives a very small backyard. Alone all day as the owner goes to work. Poor thing barks and cries all day long.
I want to go and let it out. What if it got run over?

1 Like

Its good not to be thinking about stuff, but not because of nuisance.

1 Like

Can I suggest placing a small amount of lead in it’s ear Bretrick…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

The worst noise for me was in an arc furnace in a steel mill. It was 100,000 kW… I think that was a significant degradation in my hearing loss in later life.

1 Like

Traffic noise , I hate it , I live on a main road opposite my kitchen window and 500 yds away is another very busy road , so I’m surrounded by it . The only way I cope is to turn the noise into crashing waves on an imaginary beach . I long for silence

2 Likes

I would find that very upsetting.One of our neighbours leaves their dog alone for too long I think but he only barks if you go near the fence.I’ve tried to have a chat but I think it makes him more scared.

1 Like

Chainsaws(probably another tree gone) and Donald Trump mangling the English language trying to sound intelligent.

2 Likes

Uncontrolled screaming kids and barking dogs.

3 Likes

Might be time to move to a quieter neighbourhood :slightly_smiling_face:

All day surrounded by such a loud noise would surely degrade your hearing. :anguished:

Terrible to listen to. So sad that people do not think of the dog’s welfare. All day alone in a small yard, no company, no stimulation.

Chainsaws are really, really annoying. And they usually go for a couple of hours at a time.

My two most disliked noises. Seems many parents ignore there children. As do many dog owners ignore their barking dogs.

I agree with babies crying especially if the mum is ignoring it…makes me want to intervene which obviously I don’t …I have to walk away

1 Like

Rap music!

5 Likes

Go to your local butcher /pet shop and get a large uncooked marrow bone and toss it over the fence .
Make sure it’s a marrow bone
I know it’s a pain but this will keep the poor dog quiet in the short term .
In the long term make sure to record the noise and time of day and report it to the local council

4 Likes

Yes and most modern (after 2000)popular music for me too.

6 Likes

Some Broadcasters who call everyone “My Lovely” and talk everything into a positive. :icon_wink:

1 Like