What is something that is popular now that annoys you?

Sounds reasonable I suppose :slightly_smiling_face:
Beholdā€¦ one of my Aussie favourites

Gawd she was lovely!

3 Likes

People who describe everything they donā€™t like or agree with as ā€œwokeā€ :grinning:

6 Likes

Cor struth cobber put another shrimp on the barbie.

1 Like

Quite right tooā€¦Thatā€™s why people who adopt the high moral ground are classed as wokeā€¦and I donā€™t like them.

5 Likes

I donā€™t like ā€œfolkā€ and ā€œfolksā€

Oh Gawd yeah, makes me want to upchuck

But the title of the thread says ā€œpopularā€, and theyā€™re not popular with most people I knowā€¦.

2 Likes

Supermarkets calling all small orange fruit ā€œeasy peelersā€

With so many lovely types and names, satsumas, clementines, tangerines, mandarins itā€™s a crime to lump them together under something as functional as ā€œeasy peelersā€

Real 1984 Newspeak

1 Like

I donā€™t suppose itā€™s popular with the general public but a trend that has become increasingly popular with TV Channel programmers is to introduce the next programme before the current programme has finished.

It really annoys me if they interrupt a lovely piece of music at the end of a film to announce the next programme before the credits of the current programme have finished rolling.
Nowadays, Iā€™ve noticed theyā€™ve started putting the next programme info in a little box at the bottom of the screen while the current programme is being broadcast.
Itā€™s so annoying when the last few minutes of a programme Iā€™m watching is spoiled by a distracting pop-up box or voice-over talking about something completely different.

1 Like

Going to the shops in bed clothes.
It should be banned the lazy buggers.

2 Likes

Judith Durham if I rememberā€¦I loved the Seekersā€¦I still sing ā€˜Morning Town Rideā€™ when nobody is listeningā€¦ā€œRocking, Rolling Riding out along the bayā€ā€¦ :musical_note:

3 Likes

Actually that is one thing I miss since 7 day shopping. Thursday night family shopping with the kids in their pyjamas

1 Like

Very evocative Foxy, reminds me of listening to junior choice on the radio :radio:

2 Likes

Are you old enough for Uncle Mac?

1 Like

I remember Uncle Mac. Didnā€™t he only have one leg having lost the other when a bus flywheel exploded (or something like that)?

1 Like

I didnā€™t know that.

Hello Children Everywhere. That was his catchphrase.

1 Like

I donā€™t think I am, the first thought that literally came into my head when I read your post was that it was something to do with burgers.

Uncle Mac mustā€™ve been before my time.

2 Likes

Yeah I remember Uncle Macā€¦We had a little valve radio on a shelf in the living room. (Loungeā€™s were what posh people had in those days)ā€¦Forces favourites, Housewives choice, and wasnā€™t there a ā€˜food for thoughtā€™ sort of religious thing at five to ten for five minutesā€¦?
Sunday shoppingā€¦my local church has never recoveredā€¦
:church:

2 Likes

He did play pop records before he retired but mostly it was stuff like this:

4 Likes

Defo before my time, however I did have the below on 12inch vinyl

th-2542155024

Hystericalā€¦still brings tears of mirth to my eyes even now, twisted woggle irons, being hung by the poston , picking their bogleā€™s etc :rofl:

3 Likes

Tik Tok

1 Like