What have you done today?

We strolled the dogs as usual. It was a tad cooler today and we prefer that. Then we walked to the grocery store (with the dog).My missus walks the dog, I cart the trolleys and the goods back home.

Exciting stuff…

Whenever we plan to go somewhere on a Bank holiday it pours so we planned nothing. By 10 o’clock the sun was out and it was nice and warm with no sign of rain.

We rent out a little cottage for holiday lets so the people left this morning and we went and cleansheeted and cleaned it etc. Then we came home and had some lunch and decided to finish off decorating our bedroom. just had to paper the wall behind the bed. It was SO hot upstairs with the sun pouring in. We opened both windows fully and it was still hot. All done now and very pleased with it. :+1:

wellI had a very productive day. Had a nice lie in as no work today. Went to Dads, took my great niece to work as she missed her bus and by the time I got home it was nice and warm so me and John set to tackling our back patio which was looking terrible with weeds. One minute we looked and they were popping up next it was like day of the triffids!

Got every single weed out of the patio paving cracks and pulled all the weeds out of the sides of the patio and now we ccan see the gravel again, whereas before you wouldn’t have known there was any gravel.

I was quite ashamed we had let it get so bad. Now I just need some colour putting in the pots and it will be perfect for us to sit out and enjoy again.

To be honest I don’t know where the energy came from as I’ve been lacking motivation and energy lately and feeling quite down so this has done my mood good. Amazing what a nice patio can do for ones mental health.

Oh, tomorrow if it’s nice enough I’m going to paint the garden furniture as one of our tables out there is beginning to rust.

4 Likes

Today I did some extreme photocopying…and not once did I think of plonking my bum on the screen…radical eh? But that’s me…living on the edge.

1 Like

A breezy day here in NY, but decided to get my two mile walk in early. So glad I did, as the weather predicts 6" or more snow overnight into tomorrow!
A bit of laundry done, dinner started, thank you cards written and mailed, and must run the vacumn cleaner while I still have some energy.

2 Likes

I finally finished my repair to the fuel cap on my generator. Rather than repeat myself here I will include a link to it.

The finished product is not pretty but it does the job and I learned a lot while doing it.

Now to mow the lawn…

So far - made a loaf of Irish Soda Bread, a batch of fruit scones, and a cauldron of Leek and Potato soup.

2 Likes

I feel toil and trouble coming on.

1 Like

Just made an Orange Drizzle cake!

But of course!

1 Like

Went into town to pick up my meds.

Added a batch of cheese scones to my ‘to do list’ - they turned out rather well. Have shared some of everything with my neighbours.

Been out for lunch and looked around the shops… I’ve made a pact with myself though… buy nothing unless you really need it… amazingly I didn’t buy a thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Four loads of laundry :basket:

1 Like

Admired my newly decorated bedroom. Cleansheeted bed with coordinating bed linen. Shampooed bedroom carpet, then lounge carpet. Lovely sunny day so opened all windows and patio doors to help it dry off. Did a load of washing, then hung it out. Put a piece of brisket in oven late morning and we had that tonight. Quite a busy day.

Went to the Coop on my bike for a few bits and pieces; opened and closed window several times during the course of the rest of the day. Managed to avoid doing anything too productive.

1 Like

Shaved :slight_smile:

Been to the Opticians, GP, and blood clinic, then stopped at the shops on the way back.
Came home and had my lunch, and now about to get on with some gardening. :smiley:

Oh! I thought you were female!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Did weekly shop this morning and all that lifting and pushing gave me backache. Paracetamol and resting now.