What have you done in the garden today?

I’ll probably only keep 6 of them. They don’t look much now of course but that number will grow big and take a lot of looking after come the middle to late summer. Already given away some and family/friends will get the rest. Surprising how many plants can be grown from one tiny tomato.

2 Likes

Grass cutting.

1 Like

Did some weeding where i pulled up the wallflower plants along the path.

I pulled up the Forget me nots. made a Garlic spray and sprayed the Hostas,

Thought I’d post a photo I’ve just taken, of my “echinopsis” cactus flowers.
They only last 24 hours, so I took advantage and quickly made a snap-shot😁

3 Likes

I picked out more weeds :frowning:

2 Likes

Took out all of the spring bulbs and plants and pu the summer bedding in, fuchsias, Erigeron and snapdragons

3 Likes

Not much today as it has been showering all day. Went for a walk and admired the greenness of the trees. Can really notice different shapes of leaves and forms of trees at this time of year. I’m sure potatoes will need earthing up again. More tomatoes to plant in small greenhouses at allotment. Beds to be prepared for different kinds of beans, courgettes and squash. Plenty to do!

2 Likes

Nothing today it’s rained all day.

1 Like

Same with me, Logan. Its been very sunny here in Scotland recently, but today its absolutely poured with rain. I was going to put out the hanging baskets, but not today, ha!

1 Like

It should be better tomorrow and i hope for you as well.

1 Like

Thank you, and also for you too - I’m working tomorrow, so perhaps I’ll get the little greenhouse out. I’ll feel accomplished with that at least!

1 Like

Just general tidy ups and filling the long tubs with bedding plants, standing at the back door just now and I can’t believe how heavy with blooms my Danny’s Tree is this year.

2 Likes

That’s a cracking tree, Rox! Gorgeous…

Thankyou Pixie, it was just a wee thing when I bought it back in 2011, my Danny had passed away with liver cancer and I wanted something to mark his grave. He was my favourite of all my Bobtails.

4 Likes

Its a beautiful way to remember him, Rox… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Today saw me start the fixing of the outdoor pizza oven. I built it about 4 years ago but made a mistake on the finish. The structure is sound but I tried using lime cement to cover it. I’d thought that it would work well with the heat changes from firing and cooling the oven. Not so. Within months the lime cement was crumbling. Plus it does not seem to have weathered well over the winters. A fix is needed.
I’ve got rockwool for more insultation (should allow the oven to get hotter, quicker), chicken wire to cover that insulation and hold it in place. And refractory cement to cover it all. Plus a calculation of the surface area of half a sphere.
Today was simply placing screws in all around and over the outside of the oven to hold the chicken wire and insulation in place. My hand is now numb from over use of the hammer drill.

1 Like

Slug hunting, having a lot of trouble this year with the wet weather.

I absolutely love Erigeron :heart:

1 Like

Pulled up all of the dying hyacinth leaves and put them in the compost bin, haven’t had time for anything else.