What have you done in the garden today?

Ive done some pruning and dug a conifer up , then got my Son to dig 2 more up…

That’s what I need to do,#

Have dug out two dead cordyline only babies in last year have died with this winter weather the large on I have cut back and wait to see it he reappears…

1 Like

Swept up two sack loads of leaves only a few thousand more to go ! ( leaves not sacks)

1 Like

Pricked out the eurigeron seedlings into cell trays don’t need a lot of them so i did 15 with 2 seedlings in each.

gave all the perennial tubs some fertilizer, and same with the ferneries, Mrs M gave the alpine border a weed and spruce up, planted a new Azalea in the Azalea border

Weeding in the front garden and cut back some more verbena bonariences.

Sue and I have been down the garden centre especially to get flowers and plants that attract butterflies. Our budlia died after last summer heatwave so replacing witha bush called “bluebeard” and a couple of packets of flower seeds

Been out there for an hour forking in some compost on the vegetable beds and sprinkling a little Miracle Grow fertiliser granules on top ready to hopefully start planting things out in March, although they keep promising another “Beast from the east”, so we may be later this year…

I’m so disappointed. My crop (one pumpkin squash) that I’ve been carefully cultivating has an outburst of powdery mildew almost overnight. I last looked at it on Monday and didn’t notice anything.

We’ve had excessive amounts of rain and no sign of it clearing up anytime soon.

I’ve used a spray of milk and water to try doctor it my little pumpkin patch. I hope it clears up.

#devastated

I wouldn’t worry very much, it doesn’t affect the plants, it’s just unsightly.

2 Likes

Thank you so much :blush:

1 Like

cut back a huge Phormium and took delivery of 40 bags of mushroom compost, ready for the borders

1 Like

There used to be about four mushroom farms around here in the 90’s, they were a great source of cheap compost but they’ve all closed down now, and I’ve no idea where they are grown these days… The bonus of course is the mushrooms that continue to grow in the borders … yum yum… :blush:

1 Like

Admired my crocus and dwarf narcissi and grape hyacinths in my window boxes. Daffodils will be up soon in the bank outside and there are some snowdrops out. Glorious sunshine all day here and really mild.

1 Like

Your welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

my Tete aTete Daffs are opening and Ive still got plenty of Berries on my Cotonester, a solitary Blackbird comes and takes a few berries at a time

1 Like

Pricked out 96 snapdragon seedlings into cell trays.

Since there’s a shortage up North, look at my babies!

2 Likes

Nothing today it’s been raining all day.

Ive just sown Zinnia Seeds in the GH so ive got cosmos /sweet williams / and zinnas now , fingers cross they all come up , ive got quite a few cosmos seedlings up .

1 Like