What have you done in the garden today?

Planted 30 snowdrops in the green and potted up 9 lilly bulbs in 3 pots.

1 Like

that mmm earlier turned into yes lawns mowed

1 Like

A tad early

is there a rule book for when

Yes there is

Posted a while back about my echium plants. They have suffered badly in the winter and the leaves are all black and drooping. Shall I just cut them off and see what happens? I didnā€™t cover them because our garden is quite sheltered and I have seen lots growing locally and nobody else looked to have covered theirs. Thanks

1 Like

I would cut them off and see what happens. Last year it took one of my lupins to start growing, i was about to dig it up but i saw shoots growing.

1 Like

Cut off some more of the old leaves on the hellebores, still got to do some more.

1 Like

Nothing today itā€™s been very cold and frosty.

Filled the garden wheelie bin to the brim! Gorgeous warm sunshine so cleared out two big window boxes (about 12 ft long) on front of house. then went in side garden and pulled all the leaves off echium (fingers crossed) cut down old hollyhocks, weeded a load of tubs and troughs, cut back loads of shrubs and swept up loads of leaves. Good morningā€™s work!

1 Like

My god, your windows are massive!!

1 Like

Nothing today itā€™s too cold and frosty, but i did check on the plants in the greenhouse, the trailing geraniums didnā€™t make it but i can buy some more.

Just did a double check. The windows are 12ft wide and the window boxes are10ft wide. It is a 1970s house when windows were big and plain but I love them because they make all the rooms so light and bright and warm when the sun shines through. this week has been super sunny so the heat has been going off at 9am and we donā€™t need it on until about 5pm.

1 Like

cut back the two ferneries and did a good weed, least Mrs M did

Nothing today itā€™s too cold and frosty

Just hung the washing out and came back in the warm!

cut back the tall grasses, put them through the shredder and onto the compost bin

1 Like

Jet washed the patio closest to the house very therapeutic but still needs another go over as just broke the dirt up not pressure washed them for about 8 years - to be honest could not be bothered - but can see the difference and will have another go when on holiday in March.

1 Like

Looked at the crocus and snowdrops coming into flower .

Digging up the old dead plants of the cosmos and cutting back the Verbena bonariences