What everyday food do you really not like?

Welcome to the forum tampa1401! Another 'merkin! Hope you have a fun time here.

Hope to see more about you in an introduction thread if you’d like.

I love these BigBrother Bots. :slight_smile:
WELCOME TAMPA to our community.

I would have anyway.I don’t dislike turkey but I prefer chicken or duck or goose.

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome.

Turkey = bleugh to me, though I can at least eat it but I’ve tried it cooked by lots of different people using many different methods and I still don’t like either the taste or the texture.
At Christmas for example where here in Britain the common main course has turkey, I’ve always had and preferred the more-traditional goose.

I’m the same Twink…I get terrible stomach ache with raw milk but I’m ok with it in puddings etc…weird aren’t we :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have always wondered how anybody can like drinking milk as I feel sick as soon as it gets into my mouth, but it must be that I hate the taste because i can enjoy milky sauces & puddings!

1 Like

Is this just cows milk, Twink, or do you get the same with plant based milk as well?

1 Like

I haven’t had the courage to try plant based milk Pixie, but if I am honest I hate white cows milk so much that I would find it hard to drink any white drink.
I never drink milk at home, and when an aunt put sterilized milk in my tea , as a child, that made my decision not to drink milk permanent!
I am diabetic and had a hypo in hospital. As I was not with really thinking clearly they persuaded me to drink milk to bring me out of it… but I was still sick so they kept Lucozade by my bed for the rest of my stay! :grin:

2 Likes

Awww what an awful experience for you Twink!
I like almond milk, its very light, unsweetened, and nice in a smoothie. (but I’m guessing you can’t really chance them either, with the fructose element) :frowning:

1 Like

I think I would try a tiny taste of Almond milk if somebody persuaded me, but I live with the fear that milk makes me sick! I can’t be allergic to it as I make cheese sauces with it & many other things so it is either the taste or something psychological that makes me sick!
All the kids at school were my friend because they knew I would give them my little bottle of milk! :laughing:

2 Likes

No personal experience of this but a family member had problems with lactose intolerance, particularly with dairy products, it was found that goat’s milk didn’t cause those same problems. Would that be of any help I wonder?

:thinking: :grinning:

3 Likes

I tried almond milk…yuk! Not my thing.

1 Like

I don’t like vinegar or salad cream

I’m not wild about spare ribs. Nor lamb.

I love tinned pineapple and evap. But what I don’t like is if I forget to eat what’s left in the can. The smell can be revolting.

I refuse to eat curry, shellfish, sprouts, cucumber, celery, salad of any form. Uncooked tomatoes. Black pud.

:104:

:104:

Re milk and variations of …

They are now selling camel milk around these parts, think I’m worried. :104:

Got the hump??
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Camel milk you say?
Well I suppose if you can have milk from Carnations …
:grin:

1 Like

Coleslaw, olives, beetroot, all seafood except fish.

1 Like

Yummy, I love all that. With farmhouse bread and proper butter.