What do you miss most (about being 'young')

Agreed.

1 Like

I miss my children being little babies.
Then they grew a mouth…

1 Like

I moved our kids from my past, that may have been a mistake.

1 Like

But was done with the best intentions. :biking_man:

1 Like

Getting paid “Cash in Hand” for going out to work.

And then spending it all, in a couple, or three, days.

But I could rattle all my earnings, in my trouser pockets!

Usually meant having nothing by Thursday!

2 Likes

I miss my kids being small I know some people will think I’m boring for saying that but I loved those years

4 Likes

Spinning that around, Summer, if I may, it 'minded me of being a child. looking at my Grandma, who was a very severe Lady, with no known way of smiling at us!

Hopefully, all Grandparents will smile at their Grandchildren, at least once, today, as they read this.

:ghost: :sneezing_face: :crazy_face: :star_struck: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

I won’t see them today Ted but I will be taking them bowling on Tuesday and the Yorkshire Wildlife Park on Friday…I’m sure there will be lots of smiles then…I’m hoping I survive with a smile on my face :slight_smile:

I had a lovely granny…my grandad was a bit stern though.

2 Likes

You know you’ll love it!

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I miss that feeling that my life was yet to be lived, that there were so many choices ahead, so many possibilities. Now I can only look back at the choices I made, at all the possibilities that melted away. And I wonder how different my life might have been, and whether it would have been better or worse.

4 Likes

Hear Hear!

1 Like

Not aching in places I never knew I had when doing something strenuous.

2 Likes

Tried to explain this feeling by actions 45 years ago, no one was listening, perhaps they never will. :grin: :biking_man:

Just edited but should maybe have let it be. :owl:

3 Likes

I miss the simplicity of Life. Of running barefoot on the grass, running through the woods, and being fearless. Of being a kid and the wonderment of what was to be.

3 Likes

The glance of a girl across a crowded room (always too shy to follow it up).
Not really believing I would die one day (growing old was something that only happened to others).
My parents always being there.
Working and work colleagues.

1 Like

Can’t be accused of that, grasp the moment, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t, ces’t la vie.

(as was)

2 Likes

I miss feeling like I was invincible at whatever I set out to do. Time has let me know some things are beyond a person’s control. Still, there are many things that never go away. Being silly at times is one of them. Thank goodness for that!

2 Likes

Oh yes. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I miss playing hide and seek as a child.

1 Like

Optimism. :biking_man:

2 Likes