What do you miss most (about being 'young')

Not saying any of you are ‘old’ :lol: but still, is there anything you miss?

2 Likes

Yes - I miss having most of my life in front of me. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Not really, Azz, I find each age has something different and exciting to offer. A new skill to learn, a new road to explore - yes, there are stumbling blocks - but what a sense of achievement when they are overcome. The only looking back I do is in Ancestry.com - which is fascinating - if you like history stirred up with old bones!

Life is short - enjoy the journey!

3 Likes

I miss the excitement. Nearly everything seemed to be more thrilling.

2 Likes

Is it possible to be not sure you ever were? :thinking: :biking_man:

2 Likes

As I wrote in the “hanker for” thread I don’t want to be in my teens and twenties again because of all the pressure and trouble I was having but I wish I could turn back time and enjoy my life in the 90s again and forever when I was in my forties. My window of time. Everything new, so exciting, lots of opportunities, no ailments, a hassle-free and varied life lived to the full. Yet it’s impossible. That’s what I miss.

2 Likes

I miss being able to sit down without making a noise……

3 Likes

Which end?

2 Likes

That’s a good way of putting it.

1 Like

All the playful games we played as children, I do miss those, :smiley:

1 Like

How can l miss being ‘young’, when l don’t feel old?

2 Likes

I miss nothing to be honest , my young life was difficult in many ways . I’m glad I’m now old because life feels easier mentally emotionally and spiritually, in fact a whole lot kinder and more secure financially .

:sunflower:

3 Likes

I don’t miss being young either…I like the age I am with all that I know and have experienced. However, I do miss the weather as it was back then…with the seasons being in the proper sections for the proper length of time!

1 Like

@Azz
I consider myself ‘old’ at 72,
Not sure ‘how young is young’ .
I miss having the stamina of my youth …
…to keep going 24/7 ,
…to work all night and watch the dawn come up then carry on the day without the need for sleep.
…to do strenuous work and walk miles without fatigue. things many of us take for granted till they have gone :icon_sad:

2 Likes

On a similar note to @Primus1 I miss being able to make movements without either having to think about what I’m going to do or aching.
When you’ve been sitting down for a little while, standing up can take a little bit longer than it used to as these aging muscles aren’t quite as elastic as they used to be.
The mind is willing but now the body is weak.

1 Like

the option of not being responsible for my life - someone else was [thank god it was loving parents and g/parents}

2 Likes

I used to love playing two ball we called it… we used to spend hours playing that up against a wall…we used to play 3 ball as well, like the jugglers, that must take some rhythm and concentration, still practice makes perfect.

I’ve got plenty of energy as I keep fit.

1 Like

I miss my fitness which has now been replaced by aches and pains.

I miss the enjoyment of being able to go on a long walk and listening to the birds singing in the trees.

2 Likes

You will find us on Ancestry.com… and just a heads up the freebie
Family Search.Org has lots of good links to help you search…My Husbands other link family name is the Aumoniers, hard at times in searching, as it means Chaplain in English…as Huguenots they had a very strong faith indeed…

Youth was so rough for us two girls that I would not wish to go back…
another crack of the whip…yes, would be able to have hindsight…how often do we need that then…Quite content with being 40 again… :rofl:.

2 Likes

I don’t miss being penny poor, a happier childhood couldn’t be had, but maybe because we were poor it was all the better for it.

1 Like